Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 25, 2014, 07:11:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658134 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 51 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: More Talk of Comics  (Read 33108 times)
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #250 on: Apr 29, 2008, 05:14:29 PM »

that's the storyline that's either coming out or just came out in book form. i may buy it. considering doing so.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Greg Nog

« Reply #251 on: Apr 29, 2008, 05:15:04 PM »

Wasn't there some rumor about it possibly being turned into a film or something?
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #252 on: Apr 29, 2008, 05:16:17 PM »

dogg let's go eat dishes with chorizo when our ladies ain't around

we all know ladies hell of mentally file chorizo-based meals away to use against us when we're fatter

citrus

« Reply #253 on: Apr 29, 2008, 10:11:28 PM »

Wasn't there some rumor about it possibly being turned into a film or something?

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT

i give thee the first suggestion, the problem and indirection
citrus

« Reply #254 on: May 01, 2008, 08:21:55 PM »

i know i keep bringing this thread back up every time there is a new achewood but i can't believe how great this story arc is and i should stop posting about it before you all realize that i am the main lunatic in this land

cop cars all pulling up on my lawn

i give thee the first suggestion, the problem and indirection
Greg Nog

« Reply #255 on: May 05, 2008, 12:43:51 PM »

Man you know like that part of the Wire where McNulty goes to the FBI profilers on his serial killer, and they give him a picture of himself, I've kind of felt like that from a couple of Onstad's Roast Beef strips
agreed.

Along the same lines, a friend of mine calls me "Nice Pete" on a regular basis.  His blog post from yesterday is maybe the closest yet that the Greg / Nice Pete venn diagram has come to just being a big circle.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #256 on: May 05, 2008, 01:03:37 PM »

that makes sense to me--i can totally imagine you coming home from quizno's and drawing up a profile of the guy who started the family business in 1909.

Greg Nog

« Reply #257 on: May 05, 2008, 01:07:55 PM »

I asked the female for a Bacon Chipotle Club, and I agreed to the larger size (one foot). It was served open-faced, and I allowed for a squirt of pink-colored "chili" mayonnaise. I am glad that I did. The sandwich bites came alive and sang once inside my lips. I ate and ate, the pleasure of each mouthful growing like a fire inside me.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #258 on: May 10, 2008, 03:55:58 PM »

I.. how in hell do you know the score man what in the hell?!

Let's go. We'll talk in Airwolf.

EDIT: god this is one of my favorite achewood strips yet.

Hm maybe finally get some medical insurance

I mean I don't want to seem all cocky and falutin so maybe just a real basic plan where like if I die they put me in a coffin
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 03:58:52 PM by Andrew_TSKS » Logged

Mike24

« Reply #259 on: May 10, 2008, 06:56:03 PM »

yeah that is a great one.

my favourite line from it is "you existed in an area and nobody did moisture-style touches on your body"

she doesn't like it too hot, she doesn't like it too cold, room temperature, room temperature
elpollodiablo

« Reply #260 on: May 13, 2008, 12:48:06 PM »

Special Achewood for all of you metal people today

think 'on the road.'
jebreject

« Reply #261 on: May 13, 2008, 01:17:41 PM »

I guess one of these days I should try reading Achewood huh

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Greg Nog

« Reply #262 on: May 13, 2008, 01:42:15 PM »

Yes, you should.  This is my favorite single strip:

"Asleep Style"
elpollodiablo

« Reply #263 on: May 13, 2008, 02:45:56 PM »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

think 'on the road.'
Good Intentions

« Reply #264 on: May 13, 2008, 05:26:57 PM »

Special Achewood for all of you metal people today
The inevitable follow-up of having metal get a lot of media attention.

I guess its back to smoking blunts in parking lots.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #265 on: May 13, 2008, 05:29:44 PM »

What the hell are you talking about

think 'on the road.'
das kranke Tier

« Reply #266 on: May 13, 2008, 06:22:17 PM »

Finally got my hands on a copy of "The Sinestro Corps. War"

Fuckin' stoked!

Compendious as hell
das kranke Tier

« Reply #267 on: May 13, 2008, 06:22:44 PM »

Miles, you've got to explain the new sig...

Compendious as hell
elpollodiablo

« Reply #268 on: May 23, 2008, 02:49:56 PM »

Whhhhyyyyy I'm glad you asked Big D

Hamletmaschine, Heiner Müller

1: Family Scrapbook

I was Hamlet. I stood at the shore and talked with the surf BLABLA, the ruins of Europe in back of me. The bells tolled the state-funeral, murderer and widow a couple, the councillors goose-stepping behind the highranking carcass' coffin, bawling with badly paid grief WHO IS THE CORPSE IN THE HEARSE/ABOUT WHOM THERE'S SUCH A HUE AND CRY/'TIS THE CORPSE OF A GREAT/GIVER OF ALMS the lane formed by the populace, creation of the statecraft HE WAS A MAN HE TOOK THEM ALL FOR ALL. I stopped the funeral procession, I pried open the coffin with my sword, the blade broke, yet with the blunt remainder I succeeded, and I dispensed my dead procreator FLESH LIKE TO KEEP THE COMPANY OF FLESH among the bums around me. The mourning turned into rejoicing, the rejoicing into lipsmacking, on top of the empty coffin the murderer humped the widow LET ME HELP YOU UP, UNCLE, OPEN YOUR LEGS, MAMA. I laid down on the ground and listened to the world doing its turns in step with the putrefaction.
I'M GOOD HAMLET GI'ME A CAUSE FOR GRIEF
AH THE WHOLE GLOBE FOR A REAL SORROW
RICHARD THE THIRD I THE PRINCE-KILLING KING
OH MY PEOPLE WHAT HAVE I DONE UNTO THEE
I'M LUGGING MY OVERWEIGHT BRAIN LIKE A HUNCHBACK
CLOWN NUMBER TWO IN THE SPRING OF COMMUNISM
SOMETHING IS ROTTEN IN THIS AGE OF HOPE
LET'S DELVE IN EARTH AND BLOW HER AT THE MOON
Here comes the ghost who made me, the ax still in his skull. Keep your hat on, I know you've got one hole too many. I would my mother had one less when you were still of flesh: I would have been spared myself. Women should be sewed up - a world without mothers. We could butcher each other in peace and quiet, and with some confidence, if life gets too long for us or our throats too tight for our screams. What do you want of me? Is one state-funeral not enough for you? You old sponger. Is there no blood on your shoes? What's your corpse to me? Be glad the handle is sticking out, maybe you'll go to heaven. What are you waiting for? All the cocks have been butchered. Tomorrow morning has been cancelled.
SHALL I
AS IS THE CUSTOM STICK A PIECE OF IRON INTO
THE NEAREST FLESH OR THE SECOND BEST
TO LATCH UNTO IT SINCE THE WORLD IS SPINNING
LORD BREAK MY NECK WHILE I'M FALLING FROM AN
ALEHOUSE BENCH

There's a link to the best translation available, by Carl Weber. Basically dude is one of my favorite poets of all time, in any language. Criminally underappreciated and -read in the states; at the very least I think everyone should read that play I linked to.

/proselytize

PS. This:

"Müller himself directed a seven-and-a-half hour performance of Hamlet (in which Die Hamletmaschine was the play-within-a-play) in Berlin in 1990."

is fucking amazing, and I didn't know anything about it until today. If I had a time machine, I think that'd be at the top of the list.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 03:12:19 PM by elpollodiablo » Logged

think 'on the road.'
Babar

« Reply #269 on: May 26, 2008, 02:42:47 AM »

Just finished reading Frank Miller's Ronin. The word "meh" comes to mind. The ending was pretty cool though and I guess it's also an important comic in an historical sense. Am about to begin reading Gaiman's The Sandman. I've heard nothing but good things about it so it better deliver. I'll post in this thread a lot more now that's it's summer, that's when i read comics.

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #270 on: May 26, 2008, 04:01:28 AM »

actually, ronin is one of the few miller comics from that early on that no one really thought was all that amazing. sure, it was good for its time, but it hasn't made the longterm impression that other early stuff, like his work on daredevil and batman, did. i've never read it myself, but i've always heard that it was kinda meh, which is part of why i never bothered.

jebreject

« Reply #271 on: May 26, 2008, 06:48:29 PM »

Frank Miller is ovvveeeerrrrrrrrrrrrraaatttttttteeedddddd

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
JamesSchneider

« Reply #272 on: May 26, 2008, 08:06:08 PM »

Anyone not reading Alec Longstreth's stuff is silly. I reread my super-sexy New Frontier absolute today and it was still moving. Also Runaways is rewarding the second time thru, though with Vaughn that's no surprise. My best friend returned my copies of All Star Superman, which he mostly hated, which was heartbreaking, and the first Seven Soldiers trade has me pretty excited. Also, I'm a nerd.

Couldn't you take the second bus home?
JamesSchneider

« Reply #273 on: May 26, 2008, 08:08:08 PM »

actually, ronin is one of the few miller comics from that early on that no one really thought was all that amazing. sure, it was good for its time, but it hasn't made the longterm impression that other early stuff, like his work on daredevil and batman, did. i've never read it myself, but i've always heard that it was kinda meh, which is part of why i never bothered.

The worst is Hard Boiled. Oh good god. Some of the worst comicbooking I've ever seen.

Couldn't you take the second bus home?
elpollodiablo

« Reply #274 on: May 26, 2008, 08:14:21 PM »

Ronin sucked

think 'on the road.'
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 20
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: More Talk of Comics
Jump to: