Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 24, 2014, 06:17:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658132 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 61 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: today's playlist  (Read 17427 times)
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #25 on: Jul 27, 2007, 04:53:43 PM »

adf--almost all of it is on that retrospective. my version is the us/uk version, which replaced a couple of the covers on the original aussie version with newer originals, and the only songs your comp is missing that are on my version of the lp are the original "hit them again" and their cover of "you're gonna miss me" by the 13th floor elevators. if you want, i can ysi them, just say the word.

I can probably live without them, but if you think they're worth hearing, I'll definitely listen to them if you put 'em up.

honestly, i agree. you can probably live without them.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
auto-da-fey

« Reply #26 on: Aug 05, 2007, 02:15:18 AM »

I finally finished the Style Council greatest-hits album that I bought several months ago, and to my surprise it ended with a series of good songs after the first dozen or so left me longing for the Jam. Not that SC is exactly competing with that group for my affections even after the good tunes.

Also, the Robert Pollard/Mac McCaughan side-project Go Back Snowball's Calling Zero was better than I had remembered, but still not too great.
jebreject

« Reply #27 on: Aug 05, 2007, 03:01:56 AM »

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
justinh

« Reply #28 on: Aug 05, 2007, 10:47:01 PM »

Good one, Jeb.  And aesthetically pleasing, to boot!

today:

davy

« Reply #29 on: Aug 06, 2007, 12:08:18 AM »

« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2007, 01:31:28 AM by fygmynt » Logged

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
RavingLunatic

« Reply #30 on: Aug 06, 2007, 07:56:21 PM »

John McLaughlin, does he do instrumental guitar stuff? I think I've heard one of his albums and kinda like it.

I will meditate and then destroy you!
Nick Ink

« Reply #31 on: Aug 08, 2007, 11:08:07 AM »

I've never really listened to any XTC or Andy Partridge stuff, but I work with a superfan who's always encouraging me to, and I do like those album covers - they appeal to the 9 year-old stamp-collector in me.

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
justinh

« Reply #32 on: Aug 08, 2007, 12:29:55 PM »

XTC is fantastic.  I don't think I'm ready for the Fuzzy Warbles set yet, though. 
justinh

« Reply #33 on: Aug 08, 2007, 10:01:11 PM »

davy

« Reply #34 on: Aug 09, 2007, 12:24:13 AM »

i just got that 2nd misfits collection in the mail a couple days ago (my yourmusic selection of the month). haven't listened yet.

justinh

« Reply #35 on: Aug 09, 2007, 07:50:38 AM »

Oh wow I had no idea those were on yourmusic, and under Astralwerks? Seems a bit weird that the label known for Chemical Brothers and Air reissued Misfits LPs.  That's blowing my mind a bit, as I remember them being on Plan 9 records via Caroline since the dawn of time.  I suppose it shouldn't be too surprising, as of course those Samhain records on Plan 9 are no longer in print, but still!
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #36 on: Aug 09, 2007, 12:24:07 PM »

i gotta say: the state of misfits cd reissues is pretty shoddy. you can get all the songs in one form or another, but not always the optimum versions, nor are they always in a decent sequence. i think the "static age" reissue is pretty much perfect, but the bobby steele and doyle eras of the misfits are woefully represented. there should be a single-disc compilation with all the post "static age"/pre "walk among us" singles chronologically and in their original running order, including the "glenn danzig" single "who killed marilyn/spook city usa" and the tracks that only ever showed up on "legacy of brutality". then there should be another single disc that combines "walk among us", "earth ad", and the "die die my darling" ep. both discs should be remastered, and should feature any relevant outtakes/alternate versions that appeared on the collections or in the box set (which i think is also out of print at this point).

glenn danzig, are you lurking? get going with this shit already!

davy

« Reply #37 on: Aug 09, 2007, 03:59:33 PM »

that is 100% truth, right there.

and then move on to fucking samhain already!

jebreject

« Reply #38 on: Aug 09, 2007, 04:55:01 PM »

good luck with all that

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
RavingLunatic

« Reply #39 on: Aug 09, 2007, 06:03:55 PM »

Stendeck - Can You Hear My Call?

J. Tillman - Cancer & Delirium

This Stendeck guy is incredible; probably my second favorite electronic artist after Boards of Canada now. I'm also starting to really dig J. Tillman's latest. I still think it's his weakest album, but given how incredible his other 3 albums are, that's almost unavoidable. The first half of the album in particular is stunning. I heard that he was going to sign to a bigger label but had some disagreements with them. I hope someone picks him up soon.

I will meditate and then destroy you!
tort

« Reply #40 on: Aug 10, 2007, 12:52:32 AM »

This morning I listened to Spacemen 3 - Performance while getting ready for work. On the way to work I listened to Roy Montgomery - Inroads - Disc 1 - disc 2 of same on the way home. Once home wife played Bon Jovi, and Martina McBride before letting me watch Sportscenter. In garage after wife went to see Hairspray and while watching baby pick up rocks and explore listened to The Makes Nice - Candy Wrapper and....which you should own, it's really good.

Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand.
Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #41 on: Aug 10, 2007, 04:22:42 AM »

i gotta say: the state of misfits cd reissues is pretty shoddy. you can get all the songs in one form or another, but not always the optimum versions, nor are they always in a decent sequence. i think the "static age" reissue is pretty much perfect, but the bobby steele and doyle eras of the misfits are woefully represented. there should be a single-disc compilation with all the post "static age"/pre "walk among us" singles chronologically and in their original running order, including the "glenn danzig" single "who killed marilyn/spook city usa" and the tracks that only ever showed up on "legacy of brutality". then there should be another single disc that combines "walk among us", "earth ad", and the "die die my darling" ep. both discs should be remastered, and should feature any relevant outtakes/alternate versions that appeared on the collections or in the box set (which i think is also out of print at this point).

glenn danzig, are you lurking? get going with this shit already!

I'm going to see the Cure on Tuesday. They're playing here only because of a petition started by some cow-poke farmer boys. If Andrew starts a petition requesting the above I'll sign in a second as I'm in total agreement about the shitty treatment the Misfits stuff has gotten in the last 15 years or so. People power

Todays playlist.
That live Will Oldham Album
That live Black Lips album (the one on Vice).
Okkervil River - Black Sheep Boy
DFA1979 - You're A Women, I'm A Machine.

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #42 on: Aug 10, 2007, 09:48:29 AM »

Yesterday's playlist:  a whole shit-ton of Dismemberment Plan, just 'cause it sounded right.

Today's playlist: I'll be exploring my meager hip-hop collection, 'cause I feel the need for some funky-ass beats.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
das kranke Tier

« Reply #43 on: Aug 10, 2007, 09:54:10 AM »

Jim, have you checked out the newest Travis Morrison?

Compendious as hell
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #44 on: Aug 10, 2007, 09:56:33 AM »

I unfortunately have not checked out any post-tDP stuff but I am always willing to accept recommendations.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
das kranke Tier

« Reply #45 on: Aug 10, 2007, 10:02:09 AM »

Travistan was kind of universally frowned upon by most tDP fans, but the new one is really promising (at least from what I've heard off of it). 

He's streaming it on his site: www.travismorrison.com

Worth checking out, IMHO.

Compendious as hell
nonotyet

« Reply #46 on: Aug 10, 2007, 01:56:49 PM »

but but

he raps
diesel_powered

« Reply #47 on: Aug 10, 2007, 02:06:04 PM »

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
Aglaya

« Reply #48 on: Aug 10, 2007, 02:26:07 PM »

I unfortunately have not checked out any post-tDP stuff but I am always willing to accept recommendations.
I've tried, and it's hard to say if I actually don't like it, or if I just can't get used to Travis without the D Plan, but either way, I just don't enjoy it.

Twurt away, merry horse-scorpions of the internet.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #49 on: Aug 10, 2007, 03:23:32 PM »

but but

he raps

but like, is that something that ruins the entire album, or is it just something that, having lasted 30 seconds, makes you feel like hipsters will make fun of you if you like anything else on the album?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | In The Earbuds | Topic: today's playlist
Jump to: