Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 22, 2014, 09:02:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658205 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 61 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: more fucking annoying shit.  (Read 37611 times)
Andrew_TSKS

« on: Jul 22, 2007, 12:59:04 AM »

the harry potter midnight party last night was fucking annoying. having to close on friday night, work for four hours in the middle of the night with the store packed full of 300+ people, then come back to work to open on saturday morning--that was REALLY annoying.

i would have killed for the ability to turn into peeves the poltergeist at about 11 pm last night. i would have spitballed half of the store.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
diesel_powered

« Reply #1 on: Jul 23, 2007, 09:09:22 AM »

You know... people who shit on me for trying to be kind of positive piss me the fuck off. That's some real teenage-style immaturity there, folks. I hope this person sleeps a little bit better at night and feels a little bit better about himself for making fun of my positive attitude.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
nonotyet

« Reply #2 on: Jul 23, 2007, 11:39:53 AM »

This is not so much currently annoying me, but yesterday when I was in Chicago at around 5:00 we got into my friend's car to, you know, go places, and my friend turned the key and we heard this loud POP and then there was smoke it turns out that the battery exploded. And this guy in dreadlocks and a kilt came running over and popped the hood and was all "wow, I had only heard about that happening." Consequently my last few hours in Chicago were spent in a tow truck and then in a parking lot of an auto repair shop watching this little tiny man fix my friend's battery in front of a sign that said MAINTENANCE IN THIS PARKING LOT IS ILLEGAL. We got to drive through a lot of neighborhoods that I had never seen and we found an Indian restaurant that was goddamn fantastic and I got to my bus home on time, but still.
das kranke Tier

« Reply #3 on: Jul 23, 2007, 01:06:45 PM »

this guy in dreadlocks and a kilt

Shocked

awesome

Compendious as hell
silentsigh89

« Reply #4 on: Jul 23, 2007, 01:54:23 PM »

my school payment is due in one week. Today my mother said that she will no longer apply for the parent loan OR cosign for my student loan. that gives me very little time to come up with the money. My grandfather isn't an eligible cosigner because he has no income. The amount of stress this is causing right now? Really annoying.
DCDave

« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2007, 02:17:09 PM »

Fuck your mother.

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
DCDave

« Reply #6 on: Jul 23, 2007, 02:17:48 PM »

Honestly it's time to consider suing for emancipation.  Put it to her thus: "Cosign for my student loan or lose me as a dependent on your taxes.  Bitch."

das kranke Tier

« Reply #7 on: Jul 23, 2007, 02:19:22 PM »

That's total BS, Beth.  I'm sorry to hear that.  Sad

Compendious as hell
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #8 on: Jul 23, 2007, 02:20:09 PM »

yeah, beth, that's so uncool of her. i have to wonder if your mother isn't doing that thing that some parents who are insecure about their own achievements do, where they try to keep their kids from doing better than they did. i've definitely known kids whose parents tried to fuck them up once they started to go to college out of pure resentment.

oh, the xpost function saves me again: i agree with dave. the emancipation thing is a good idea. also, won't you be 18 really soon anyway?

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
nonotyet

« Reply #9 on: Jul 23, 2007, 02:20:34 PM »

Fuck your mother.

Yes.
Your post made me really upset and I didn't know what to say about it and I would offer to cosign your loan and pose as a blood relation if my credit score were not fucked 19 ways from Sunday, but Dave has just taught me that sometimes brevity is the soul of stuff. It bears repeating one more time:

Fuck your mother.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #10 on: Jul 23, 2007, 02:21:05 PM »

Been there, Beth. My dad decided to completely bail on me financially after a year at school. I ended up having to go to some extended family on my knees, hat in hand. It's awful, but you do what you gotta.
If things get really bad, like you've got no other options, you need to go to your financial aid adviser and tell her that you've exhausted all avenues of funding and see if your school has any in-house institutional loans available. This saved my ass a few times. If you demonstrate to them a real need and a willingness to try for everything available, they're more than likely going to find some way to help you out.
Of course, tuition at your school costs four or five times as much as mine, so maybe I dunno what I'm talking about. Good luck either way!

think 'on the road.'
SPACERACE

« Reply #11 on: Jul 23, 2007, 02:21:47 PM »

does your mother have any idea how ridiculous it is that she is refusing to help her daughter, who is the nicest person ever, go to college?

Supplier of highest-quality synthetic duck butter
das kranke Tier

« Reply #12 on: Jul 23, 2007, 02:23:14 PM »

does your mother have any idea how ridiculous it is that she is refusing to help her daughter, who is the nicest person ever, go to college?

Seriously...

Compendious as hell
DCDave

« Reply #13 on: Jul 23, 2007, 02:23:32 PM »

Beth you should see if you can have "The Internet" as a co-signor.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #14 on: Jul 23, 2007, 02:24:00 PM »

Also w/r/t emancipation: if you really did such as that, or get yourself declared an independent, the gov't would offer you much, much bigger subsidized loans, PELL grants, etc. I turn 24 in November and this coming school year will be the first in which I have not had to work full time while going to school.

JESUS CHRIST THAT XPOST FUNCTION IS FUCKING RETARDED

/RAGE

think 'on the road.'
silentsigh89

« Reply #15 on: Jul 23, 2007, 02:58:30 PM »

thanks, guys. I had a little bit of a freak out up there, and I apologize.

I can't get in touch with any relatives, but I've gotten a hold of my bank and my school. Timing shouldn't be an issue as long as I get a cosigner in the next few days. I'm still feeling hurt by my mother, but I'm not really sure it's fair to hold this against her. Life hasn't been kind to her for the past 10 years or so. And besides, after all this, I'll know how loans work! Life experiences, ahoy. I'm really only paying for room and board- the school covered pretty much all of my tuition (although part of that was a subsidized loan). On the other hand,  it's overwhelming to think about the amount of debt I'll be in once I leave school, at this rate. I sure hope I can get a job.

thanks for all the advice and support, everyone. You've all gotten through stuff like this, so I'm sure I can too. It's good to see people still standing on the other side.  Much Love

Miles, I'm going to send you an e mail with a few questions if that's all right! There are a few things I'm unclear about as far as payment options go.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #16 on: Jul 23, 2007, 03:02:40 PM »

Sure thing, Beth! I'll be out of the hotel for the rest of the day, but I'll write you back tonight. Hopefully I have some answers for you; I'm far from an expert on anything, but I have gotten jerked around a lot when it comes to educational finance.
As far as the pile of debt looming in your future goes: don't sweat it. If you're doing what you love, that's what matters. The alternative is to work crappy jobs for the rest of one's life and end up deep in debt anyway.

think 'on the road.'
auto-da-fey

« Reply #17 on: Jul 23, 2007, 03:24:59 PM »

Beth, sorry you're going through all this. You deserve better. But for whatever it's worth, I'm impressed by your magnanimity--fuck, I have a decade on you, and I probably wouldn't take such a mature approach to things.

And Miles, I'm still sorry for failing to email you. Honestly, I'm still sort of stumped on the goddamned topic, but I figure if we get a chance to kick it in L.A., it would be more fun that way anyhow.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #18 on: Jul 23, 2007, 06:36:41 PM »

Whit man if you would like to kick it in LA, please drop me a line. The only way this trip could get better would be if I could see a coupla LPTJ peeps. I know you aren't a drinker but if you wanted to have dinner or something with me and my girl I'd be flattered.
And don't worry about the email; even if you wrote one today, I wouldn't have time to thoroughly mull it over for at least a week. But I know you've got something to say, dogg, so when I get back Ohio-side expect a little friendly nudging.

think 'on the road.'
auto-da-fey

« Reply #19 on: Jul 23, 2007, 06:59:57 PM »

Whit man if you would like to kick it in LA, please drop me a line.

Done. When do you get here?
hannah

« Reply #20 on: Jul 23, 2007, 08:53:28 PM »

In the spirit of this thread's vulgar title, what are the chances of me 1) eating shit and then 2) dying? I mean, just once, with a little bit of the ol' resurrection-and-mouthwash afterwards.
titus a.

« Reply #21 on: Jul 23, 2007, 08:59:12 PM »

do the 1 followed by 2 figure in your mean that 1 is the causation of 2?  Because I mean strictly speaking, eating shit and dying only really requires participation in the first act.
hannah

« Reply #22 on: Jul 23, 2007, 09:03:45 PM »

I'll have you know, sir, that this weekend I won a round of Apples to Apples by submitting "cow pies" as an example of something chewy.
jebreject

« Reply #23 on: Jul 23, 2007, 09:56:53 PM »

hey, how come this thread gets to have a vulgar title, but my "happier than a horny pig in shit" had to be changed to appease Nog?

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
girl

« Reply #24 on: Jul 23, 2007, 09:59:01 PM »

hey, how come this thread gets to have a vulgar title, but my "happier than a horny pig in shit" had to be changed to appease Nog?

Man!  That's some fucking annoying shit right there, huh, jeb?

this is a story and you're not in it
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: more fucking annoying shit.
Jump to: