Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 31, 2014, 07:30:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658143 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 64 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Print
Author Topic: Futurama  (Read 7241 times)
ellaguru

« Reply #25 on: Aug 09, 2007, 08:17:04 PM »

Alright, so this thread has led to the renting of season two. I now have five days to watch 19 episodes of Futurama. Damn full-season-only rentals, don't they know I'm trying to watch the Sopranos as well?

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
jebreject

« Reply #26 on: Aug 09, 2007, 08:20:57 PM »

dude you can totes watch 19 episodes in no time. it's easy enough to watch four or five episodes--one disc--a night.

plus season two has the deep south.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
G.C.R

« Reply #27 on: Aug 09, 2007, 11:12:36 PM »

Place my dinner in the latrine at 0800 hours!

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
silentsigh89

« Reply #28 on: Aug 09, 2007, 11:57:04 PM »

so I'm sitting here watching the episode about amazonia and the femputer was talking and I'm all "Holy shit, is that BEA ARHTUR!?!"

it was. I love her. I love this show.
Greg Nog

« Reply #29 on: Aug 10, 2007, 11:20:30 AM »

I took to saying "I am going to buy you so many lizards" to everyone

I also have been known to do this, and no one ever understands me.  It's such a good phrase for expressing gratitude!

And yeah, the Deep South is a great episode, if for no other reason than the fact that it has Hermes Conrad screaming in despair, "My MANWICH!"  As a fellow bureaucrat, I take a staunch pro-Hermes stance.

ella, for what it's worth, Season Two is easily my favorite.  You can do it!
ellaguru

« Reply #30 on: Aug 10, 2007, 01:15:48 PM »

Well, I did get to see my favourite line (I haven't seen that many episodes - it jumped around too much for me when it was on the air) last night:

In the hall of President's heads, discussing democracy, Gerald Ford claims that "I've never really considered elections to be integral to the process".

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
Greg Nog

« Reply #31 on: Aug 10, 2007, 01:43:56 PM »

I'd be curious to hear other folks' favorite lines of the entire series. 

There are so many bons mots throughout, but for me, the absolute highlight is when Fry's having a moral crisis, and asks how he can live his life if he can't tell the difference between good and evil.  To which Bender responds with a casual, semi-dismissive, "They're both fine choices."
RoyBiggins

« Reply #32 on: Aug 10, 2007, 01:56:25 PM »

I've hardly seen any episode of the show more than twice, so I don't do super well with the accuracy of quotes.  But I do love when the head alien guy who has come to earth to stop the massacre of Popplers eats the hippie and gets incredibly high, and he says "Look at my hands......they can touch everything except themselves."  Also, I love the entire episode Anthology of Interest Vol. II, when Bender's turned into a human and Amy tells him part of being a human is about having self control, and he cuts her off and says "Whoa! I bet I can eat nachos and go to the bathroom at hte same time!"

My cousin Nathan also take immense joy in showing me the drawer where he keeps various lengths of wire.

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
Trousers and Pat

« Reply #33 on: Aug 10, 2007, 02:00:48 PM »

I can't really watch the show anymore, but for a time I did love it. looking back, there's one line that truly stands out-

"In the corner? Why didn't I think of that!"

I practice nonviolence, but I preach... ALRIGHT
Swimmy

« Reply #34 on: Aug 10, 2007, 02:11:19 PM »

"You can crush my body but you can never crush my spirit!

OW! MY SPIRIT!"

"I find the most erotic part of a woman is the boobies."

"I am the man with no name: Zapp Brannigan."

"What really killed the dinosaurs?"
"MEEE!"

"The Big Brain am winning again! I am the greetest! Now I am leaving earth for no raisin!"

I guess those are all pretty easy. Now Space Ghost quotes, that I can ruin you with.

A Gentile and a tax collector.
another max

« Reply #35 on: Aug 10, 2007, 02:17:28 PM »

I guess those are all pretty easy. Now Space Ghost quotes, that I can ruin you with.

"YOU ALREADY SAID THAT!"

"cutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcut"
Good Intentions

« Reply #36 on: Aug 10, 2007, 09:00:01 PM »

<Bender activates device>
Fry: OW! My sperm!
<Bender activates device again>
Fry: Strange, it didn't hurt that time.
Thermofusion

« Reply #37 on: Aug 10, 2007, 09:29:39 PM »

The flashback ending to the episode where they try to clone Fry's dog is like the most depressing shit I've ever seen.  Or maybe depicting a lonely dog grow old and die was supposed to be funny and I'm just a pussy

triple paisley minimum
Black Amnesia of Heaven

« Reply #38 on: Aug 10, 2007, 10:02:44 PM »

"cutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcutcut"

YES.

That episode of Space Ghost is the most I have ever laughed in front of a television screen ever.

Space Ghost: Okay. So, I'll talk to you when there's peace. In space.
Björk: Yeah, and you like salmon or you like trout?
Space Ghost: You know what, it doesn't matter. Because I love you so much...
Björk: Yeah?
Space Ghost: ... that it's time for you to go to sleep.
Björk: Okay.
Space Ghost: Because that's what it means to love a woman so much.

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #39 on: Aug 11, 2007, 12:17:30 AM »

yeah, i love that episode too. that's probably my favorite space ghost episode, in fact.

did anyone else watch the original space ghost cartoon as a kid? i totally did, every week for a couple of years. it blew my mind when they made a new show out of it.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #40 on: Aug 11, 2007, 12:34:34 AM »

I totally did.  I remember when Space Ghost Coast to Coast first came out I wrote an e-mail to the e-mail address they flashed at the end of each episode asking what happened to Jan and Jase, if they'd been naughty or what.  and also what about his little monkey buddy Blip.  They wrote back and I don't remember what they wrote but it was brief and very funny.  This was around what, 1994 or so?  Don't recall exactly.  Anyway I always dug the original show, and Herculoids and all that shit.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
El_Josharino

« Reply #41 on: Aug 11, 2007, 12:45:06 AM »

Beaurocrat Morgan Spurlock: Fry, why is this hat filled with yogurt?
Fry: Well it used to be milk, and well, time makes a fool of us all.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
Greg Nog

« Reply #42 on: Aug 11, 2007, 09:11:04 AM »

Oh, that's such a great episode.  I often sing Hermes's bureaucracy song to myself when I'm filing things. 

"We didn't choose to be bureaucrats!  No, that's what almighty Jah made us;
We'd treat people like swine, and make 'em stand in line, even if nobody paid us."
Swimmy

« Reply #43 on: Aug 11, 2007, 05:53:00 PM »

My favorite Space Ghost ep. is Kentucky Nightmare, no I am not just saying that to be nice.

The single quote I use from TV, more than any other, is, "Bears are crazy, Willie. They'll bite your head if you're wearing steak on it." Of course, I replace "bears" with whatever the subject is, "Willie" with whoever I'm addressing, and "steak" with whatever the subject eats or is attracted to. It is very funny, and by funny I mean puzzling.

Anyway.

jebreject

« Reply #44 on: Aug 12, 2007, 01:21:42 AM »

youse guyses shoulds starts yer own threads fors space ghosts

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Jacob_Evans

« Reply #45 on: Aug 12, 2007, 04:18:44 PM »

"Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns.  And also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?"

"We're doing great!"
"Great is okay, but terrific would be great."
G.C.R

« Reply #46 on: Aug 12, 2007, 06:11:55 PM »

The flashback ending to the episode where they try to clone Fry's dog is like the most depressing shit I've ever seen.  Or maybe depicting a lonely dog grow old and die was supposed to be funny and I'm just a pussy

Oh no you're not. That really made me cry.

I think my favourite line is where Zoidberg gets a 'leather daddy' shell and looks at the ass less shorts: "This one's like a summer guy!" actually I think a lot of my favourite bits involve Zoidberg.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
The_Tourist

« Reply #47 on: Aug 12, 2007, 06:30:18 PM »

the door knocker on my apartment has a spot for a name tag.

it now says "robot house".

ROOBOOTTTT HOOUUUSEEEEE!!!11

we have the money for missiles and fun
Swimmy

« Reply #48 on: Aug 12, 2007, 06:32:42 PM »

actually I think a lot of my favourite bits involve Zoidberg.
As the candy hearts poured into the fiery quasar, a wonderous thing happened, why not? They vaporized into a mysitcal love radiation that spread across the universe destroying many many planets, including two gangster planets and a cowboy world. But one planet was at exactly the right distance to see the romantic rays, but not be destroyed by them. Earth! So all over the world couples stood together in joy. And me, Zoidberg! And no one could have been happier unless it would have been Valentine's Day. What? It was? Hooray!

Ah_Pook

« Reply #49 on: Aug 12, 2007, 07:23:32 PM »

ive always been partial to the line "Take that, causality!" from Roswell That Ends Well. also "Oh great, a lesson in not changing history from Mr. I'm-My-Own-Grandfather!"

Blame it on the girls who know what to do
Blame it on the boys who keep hitting on you
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: Futurama
Jump to: