Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Jul 28, 2014, 04:21:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657793 Posts in 9259 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 67 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21
Print
Author Topic: more uncertainty: the crisis continues  (Read 51480 times)
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #350 on: Dec 19, 2007, 11:22:18 AM »

fuck em. they're basically bribing you to keep their scam under wraps. i say blow the whistle. and tell amazon everything you told us, including the bit about how they gave you a full refund. the amazon people will figure out what's up just as quickly as i did and they will get in trouble, which they deserve. because seriously, it may not be you who will get ripped off in the future, but other euros will, and that's not cool.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
coldforge

« Reply #351 on: Dec 19, 2007, 11:39:55 AM »

make sure the refund goes through first

Ť l'era del terzo mondo.
jebreject

« Reply #352 on: Dec 19, 2007, 11:58:45 AM »

Yeah, they're being coxcks

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
das kranke Tier

« Reply #353 on: Dec 19, 2007, 12:54:11 PM »

Well, I didn't get fired...but I got threatened with being fired if my attendance doesn't improve. 

I can't blame them really, but I think that's the first time I've really ever been reprimanded by my employer...ever.  I feel like a little kid who just got scolded for something.

Jesus, I wish I could care a bit less about such things sometimes...your job isn't necessarily your life, right? Or the measure of who you are?  What kind of person you are?

Compendious as hell
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #354 on: Dec 19, 2007, 01:02:22 PM »

No of course it's not.

However it is a good way to facilitate continuing to do the things you enjoy, like eating and having a place to live.  Or posting on the internet for that matter.  Smile

Take care of yourself though man.  Hope you're feeling better.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #355 on: Dec 19, 2007, 02:00:00 PM »

Well, I didn't get fired...but I got threatened with being fired if my attendance doesn't improve. 

I can't blame them really, but I think that's the first time I've really ever been reprimanded by my employer...ever.  I feel like a little kid who just got scolded for something.

Jesus, I wish I could care a bit less about such things sometimes...your job isn't necessarily your life, right? Or the measure of who you are?  What kind of person you are?

what's the attendance problem, though? isn't it that you're sick?

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
das kranke Tier

« Reply #356 on: Dec 19, 2007, 02:32:40 PM »

Yeah.  They seem to think that there's some more sinister reason (which, granted, there used to be, a long time ago before I started school).  I don't really have the time to "party" now, though, so it's an unfounded suspicion.

I'm just kind of pissed about it all now, though.  I mean, my one boss sort of gave me kudos and said that it would be a lot easier were my attitude and output not quality, because they'd just get rid of me, but since I'm valuable they wanted to approach me first and give me a chance at redemption.

Compendious as hell
C of heartbreak

« Reply #357 on: Dec 19, 2007, 02:37:08 PM »

Did you point out that law school is fucking hell right now, so when you're feeling at all sick it's best for everybody if you just stay home and get better rather than working yourself to death and feeling worse? Shouldn't a law firm be at least somewhat sympathetic to your circumstances?

And it definitely wouldn't hurt to take a more "fuck em" attitude. You're a smart, likable guy--if you get fired you should feel confident about being able to get a new job. Just telling yourself that, even if it may not be true, should boost your spirits immensely Smile

HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?
das kranke Tier

« Reply #358 on: Dec 19, 2007, 02:44:38 PM »

Thanks a lot, G.  I really appreciate it.  That's kind of the way my attitude is turning too.  I mean, none of these fuckers worked full time while they were going to law school...

And yeah, I'm gonna be one viral-motherfuckin'-vector up in this piece, dragging my ass in at all costs and see how they enjoy that...

The whole situation just fucking sucks.  There are a lot of times that I think I might be happier at a different kind of job, anyway.

Compendious as hell
SPACERACE

« Reply #359 on: Dec 19, 2007, 02:52:28 PM »

just always remember that you're going to have way too much money once all this is behind you.

Supplier of highest-quality synthetic duck butter
El_Josharino

« Reply #360 on: Dec 19, 2007, 02:56:33 PM »

Fuck it, man, give 'em pneumonia. Then when their performance goes downhill, give 'em hell about it.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
milesofsparks

« Reply #361 on: Dec 19, 2007, 02:57:09 PM »

no, if they fire you, just sue them for wrongfull termination.

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
bethany_m

« Reply #362 on: Dec 19, 2007, 02:58:09 PM »

no, if they fire you, just sue them for wrongfull termination.

This is what I was thinking.

The lesson is that zombie-ism is a choice. So please, respect.
milesofsparks

« Reply #363 on: Dec 19, 2007, 03:00:08 PM »

really, people are pretty hesitant to fire people these days for exactly that reason, so I doubt it will come to that, especially if your medical stuff is documented.  but I hope it all works out and you are healthier in the new year!

El_Josharino

« Reply #364 on: Dec 19, 2007, 03:01:27 PM »

Also: knock up the boss's daughter/wife/mother.

El_Josharino

« Reply #365 on: Dec 19, 2007, 03:03:15 PM »

If you get canned, that is.

Or just if you want to.

das kranke Tier

« Reply #366 on: Dec 19, 2007, 03:10:42 PM »

Y'know, one of the things that's bothering me the most?

How does telling someone how expendable they are really motivate them to improve their performance?

I mean, especially someone who's already got a college degree, an extensive work history in a professional atmosphere,  and is in grad school?

It's pretty much just done the opposite...I mean, it feels as though they could give 2 fucks about me, what I'm working towards, what I do/have done for them. 

Compendious as hell
Em

« Reply #367 on: Dec 19, 2007, 03:49:06 PM »

it fucking blows my mind to think that you're working at a law firm full time  WHILE you're going to law school--i can barely manage school on its own. if you're capable of doing that, you're way far from expendable, and they have their heads up their asses if they don't see that.
das kranke Tier

« Reply #368 on: Dec 19, 2007, 04:22:26 PM »

they have their heads up their asses

I think this is a pretty apt description of the current situation.  Thanks, Em.

Compendious as hell
Bubbachups

« Reply #369 on: Dec 19, 2007, 05:58:14 PM »

Difficult situation, itís frustrating to be treated in such a disrespectful way. However, donít forget: your boss is just one stepping stone in your career. Try to look beyond him and pursue your own goals and ambitions; don't let him distract you too much. Sure you should be offended by his attitude towards you, but in the end, you're not doing it for a pat on the back, right? Youíre not making so many hours just to please him, right? I assume you're putting in such a great effort because of some personal goals or ambitions. If this job is what you want then just take the hit and be professional about it. If you donít do that Ė and start an argument about it with him which runs you the risk of getting fired Ė then youíre actually letting this asshole interfere with whatever youíre trying to achieve. Donít cut yourself over this, thatís the last thing you want. If he canít be respectful towards you then just use him for what heís worth, a stepping stone in your career, nothing more. In a couple of years time (or hopefully even sooner) you can give him the finger when you land a better job. And of course, if you can get a better job right now, do it. But that's a more generic advice.
jebreject

« Reply #370 on: Dec 21, 2007, 07:34:23 AM »

So, my friend, who we'll call J, recently broke up with her (on-again, off-again, but mostly on) boyfriend of 9 years, M. She's my age, so she's been with this dude since she was 16, and has essentially been detailing her emotional breakdown in her livejournal. J is one of the nicest, most sincere and caring people I know, and it fucking sucks to see her going through this, although at the same time she's asserting her independence in a way that I don't think she ever really has before. M is seriously a total dbag who I never really liked, and honestly I think she will be much better off now. The hard thing is, she recently moved to Alabama to be with her family (they moved there a couple years ago to start a business building houses; her sister, who I am incredibly close with, is also there now), but beyond them she doesn't have any friends there and isn't real good at the whole meeting people thing. Mostly I really wish I could give her a hug and tell her that she's going to survive this.

And talk about what a fuck M is, though that might not really be helpful. But seriously guys he's such a fuck. He'd actually seemed to have changed considerably in the last few years, and I was even able to stand him, but apparently he started cheating on her the second he came back from Alabama, revealing himself to be, in fact, the same piece of total shit he always was.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
das kranke Tier

« Reply #371 on: Dec 21, 2007, 12:33:33 PM »

Man, that motherfucker who gave me the what-for earlier in the week just came in to my office, shut my door, and started asking me questions about the LSAT and law school and all this shit due to the fact that his son just took the LSAT and is getting ready to graduate from undergraduate school but doesn't have a particularly strong GPA...

WTF?  Thought I was just some expendable automaton you prick!

Compendious as hell
milesofsparks

« Reply #372 on: Dec 27, 2007, 09:57:07 PM »

I think I am getting sucked into facebook-world.  it seems to be the best way to keep in touch with school people.  but I am uncertain about the time investment required...

Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #373 on: Dec 27, 2007, 10:06:13 PM »

I find facebook kinda handy myself. It doesn't require much upkeep if you avoid all the stupid games etc.

I'm uncertain about the heat. I like summer and all, but fuck it's hot!

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
SPACERACE

« Reply #374 on: Dec 28, 2007, 02:38:53 PM »

hah. you other hemispheres and your backwards seasons.

Supplier of highest-quality synthetic duck butter
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: more uncertainty: the crisis continues
Jump to: