Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 01, 2014, 06:22:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658067 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 56 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Print
Author Topic: Totally bitchen mixtape.  (Read 8598 times)
davy

« Reply #50 on: Aug 31, 2010, 11:45:43 AM »

I must admit I was a little surprise when everything worked perfectly on the first try. I'd figured some rewiring would need to take place, but I must've hooked everything up with foresight!

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
alex

« Reply #51 on: Aug 31, 2010, 11:48:55 AM »

xpost; this is in response to ellaguru

I'm so glad you're posting that, though, because it only just occurs to me now that I'm not sure my kitchen boombox thingy even has a record button! I'll check this tonight, too; if it doesn't, I guess it'll have to be CD for me for sure.
I'll await your confirmation before I edit the info next to your name.
davy

« Reply #52 on: Aug 31, 2010, 11:51:16 AM »

I don't think I've ever seen a boombox without a record button!

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #53 on: Aug 31, 2010, 11:52:02 AM »

I have a little stereo out in my garage with a 3-disc CD turntable and a dual tape deck.  I suppose I could put together a mix tape from some of my garage CDs--mostly stuff I listened to 15-25 years ago.  If someone would be interested in that kind of thing.  And if I can figure out where to buy a blank cassette tape these days.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
davy

« Reply #54 on: Aug 31, 2010, 11:54:12 AM »

Do it man.

DanielBurns11

« Reply #55 on: Aug 31, 2010, 03:01:13 PM »

I think I'd rather do a CD for CD thing, simply out of laziness.

alex

« Reply #56 on: Aug 31, 2010, 04:11:14 PM »

I don't think I've ever seen a boombox without a record button!

Neither have I, which is why I automatically assumed that it has one, until Arlo expressed uncertainty whether his works. Anyway, yes, it does have a record button, and I'm just going to assume that the thing works, too.

Daniel, I updated your records (and went ahead and did Arlo's too; if you come across any problems with the record button, shout and I'll change it again!) I've also added you to the list, Jim, and tentatively put you as wanting to make and receive tapes, because tapes are the only thing you mentioned in your post. Or should I also put you down for a CD option?

Here's the current list, since the original version is now hidden away on the previous page:

davy: make tape / get tape
Maaik: make tape / get tape or CD
ellaguru: make tape or CD / get tape or CD
alex: make tape or CD (but better CDs better/easier) / get tape or CD
G.C.R.: make CD / get CD
lucky strike: ? / ? (not even sure if that was an expression of interest or just a quip from the sidelines...)
DanielBurns11: make CD / get CD
Thermofusion: make CD / get CD
Trousers and Pat: make CD / get CD
clare: make tape or CD / get tape or CD
Yojimbo: make tape / get tape or CD
kyle: make tape or CD / get CD (?)
Jacob_Evans: make tape / get CD or tape
edison: make tape or CD (but CDs preferred) / get tape or CD
Babar: make playlist / receive playlist
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2010, 04:07:37 AM by alex » Logged
kyle

« Reply #57 on: Sep 01, 2010, 12:54:16 AM »

cd/tape for cd!

Jeb, you know you live in the age of internet thievery, right?
yeah but i like holding things
clare

« Reply #58 on: Sep 01, 2010, 01:29:47 AM »

I can make either, and receive either. I guess I'm in then... :-)

You must have a very long, thin, tapered penis.
Jacob_Evans

« Reply #59 on: Sep 01, 2010, 02:05:49 AM »

I would love to get in on this, even though I rarely post, and have basically no relationship with anyone here.
alex

« Reply #60 on: Sep 01, 2010, 02:23:35 AM »

Awesome, Jacob, kyle and clare! But Jacob, can you clarify in which formats you're willing to trade in? Tape, CD, both? And kyle:

cd/tape for cd!

Please help me parse this one. Are you offering to make someone a tape or CD in exchange for getting a CD, or are you saying that you want a CD/tape in exchange for a CD of your own making? I put you down for the former, because that is the grammatical structure that is favored by the list above, but the latter seems a bit more likely to me in terms of equipment you might have at hand (i.e. if you have the means to make a tape, you must have a way to play one, too; the reverse isn't necessarily the case), so I'm confused.
edison

« Reply #61 on: Sep 01, 2010, 02:29:34 AM »

I haven't made a mix in a very long time, but what the hell, I do have some free time in the coming weeks after all, so I'm in too! I can make a tape or a CD (but would really prefer CD), and can receive tape or CD.
Jacob_Evans

« Reply #62 on: Sep 01, 2010, 02:38:22 AM »

I'm partial to making a tape, but could receive either
Babar

« Reply #63 on: Sep 01, 2010, 01:16:00 PM »

hey, anybody too lazy to do neither but still wants in? i'll gladly make a playlist and receive one in return.

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
Thermofusion

« Reply #64 on: Sep 01, 2010, 01:20:30 PM »

You're too lazy to receive a tape?

triple paisley minimum
alex

« Reply #65 on: Sep 01, 2010, 01:55:07 PM »

You know, you have to take it out of the case and put it in the stereo and press (not just click!) play. It's hard work, man!

Babar, I put that down on the list, but let it be known that I was shaking my head sadly while I did so.

(by the way, I'm not trying to pry the whole organisation of this into my hands or anything, I just thought it was getting to the point where we needed a list to keep track of everything, and it didn't appear like anyone else was going to make one. But if someone else wants to do the drawing of the names once people are done signing up, by all means go ahead!)
ellaguru

« Reply #66 on: Sep 01, 2010, 02:03:11 PM »

I think we should only let Babar play if he writes out the playlist + URL (presumably) by hand, puts that in an envelope and mails it.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
alex

« Reply #67 on: Sep 01, 2010, 02:05:33 PM »

I think the back of a postcard and no envelope should also be acceptable. Maybe the mailman wants to listen in, too!
Thermofusion

« Reply #68 on: Sep 01, 2010, 02:08:48 PM »

How does mail even get to Iceland, anyway? Packet steamer? Dirigible?

triple paisley minimum
davy

« Reply #69 on: Sep 01, 2010, 02:22:06 PM »

Narwhal couriers.

Babar

« Reply #70 on: Sep 01, 2010, 07:32:04 PM »

You're too lazy to receive a tape?

i meant to lazy to either do a tape OR cd (and then send it). i'll recieve, sure. but i think that would be unfair to the one that goes through the whole effort of making a tape and sending it and only getting a lousy (but awesome) drop.io in return.

i'll consider ellaguru's idea.

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
davy

« Reply #71 on: Sep 07, 2010, 01:24:38 PM »

Hm. I thought I finished mine, but now I feel that it has some flow issues, so I'm reconstructing parts of it. I have decided you can't really follow up Starlight Mints with Allen Toussaint. It's not that the music is incompatible, it's that the difference in recording quality is too jarring.

ellaguru

« Reply #72 on: Sep 07, 2010, 02:04:58 PM »

I purchased a blank tape. That's progress!

(Also, I know what the last song will be).

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
alex

« Reply #73 on: Sep 07, 2010, 02:26:36 PM »

It's been a while since anyone expressed interest in getting in on this; should we draw names soon?

I'm still not sure whether lucky strike is in, whether Jimbo wants to do tape-only or is also okay with doing CDs, and what kyle's "cd/tape for cd!" meant precisely. I'd PM them if I wasn't so lazy, but as it is, I just hope they're going to read this.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #74 on: Sep 07, 2010, 02:54:44 PM »

hey alex

I guess I thought the fun part of it would be working with the CDs sitting out in my garage by the tape deck; if I did it on a CD I'd cheat and use MP3s and then it wouldn't be as much fun.  I'm OK with receiving either tape or CD though.

dunno if I made that clear, would like to make a tape but OK with receiving either
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2010, 02:56:16 PM by YojimboMonkey » Logged

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | In The Earbuds | Topic: Totally bitchen mixtape.
Jump to: