Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 24, 2014, 02:47:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658133 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 61 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: New TV Thread: I Hear NNY Helped Break Stories for FNL  (Read 29154 times)
dieblucasdie

« Reply #50 on: Oct 07, 2007, 06:20:29 PM »

Yeah, the extra episodes and the extended episodes on the order this year is a massive, massive mistake creatively.

Probably a good one financially though.  Oh, networks.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #51 on: Oct 07, 2007, 06:25:38 PM »

Yeah, that was pretty fucking ridiculous. But I thought driving into the lake was sort of his misguided way of making a point...? I dunno. Still kinda gimp, I admit. I'm sort of an apologist for this show, because I really love the characters and the dynamic they've developed and the first three seasons were friggin' excellent... They're probably just under a lot of pressure to push the envelope, and on this show that means more wackiness. Which is unfortunate. The understated, deadpan stuff plays a lot better.

And I'm with you on the hour-long episodes being a bit much. Works a lot better in smaller doses.

think 'on the road.'
diesel_powered

« Reply #52 on: Oct 07, 2007, 09:00:03 PM »

Oooh... David Cross and Peter Bogdanovich on Law & Order...

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
dieblucasdie

« Reply #53 on: Oct 08, 2007, 12:53:20 AM »

David Cross is in everything.

diesel_powered

« Reply #54 on: Oct 08, 2007, 01:12:01 AM »

It's true. That's why he's teh sex.

Edit: Now he's on the Tim & Eric's Awesome Show.
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2007, 01:33:25 AM by diesel_powered » Logged

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
dieblucasdie

« Reply #55 on: Oct 08, 2007, 02:01:12 AM »

Dear Hannah,

Why are bees aliens again?

Regards,

dieblucasdie

hannah

« Reply #56 on: Oct 08, 2007, 12:18:17 PM »

Dude, I can't help you with the conspiracy episodes, unless your question is about Agent Pendrell. I believe the bees help pollinate like the black alien virus thing thing thing, but that is easily a lie.
Aglaya

« Reply #57 on: Oct 08, 2007, 01:48:17 PM »

Has anyone else seen the D.I.N.G.B.A.T.S. commercial yet?  I had to try to explain to my friends why it made me laugh so hard.

Twurt away, merry horse-scorpions of the internet.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #58 on: Oct 08, 2007, 08:02:06 PM »

Dude, I can't help you with the conspiracy episodes, unless your question is about Agent Pendrell. I believe the bees help pollinate like the black alien virus thing thing thing, but that is easily a lie.

Doesn't Pendrell turn out to be Mulder's brother or some bullshit?  God, the conspiracy episodes are so dumb.  I was *riveted* back in the day, but knowing that they just get more and more incomprehensible makes them hard to watch now.

hannah

« Reply #59 on: Oct 08, 2007, 08:20:17 PM »

No, I think that's Spender. DUDE.

Spender:

(N.B. Chris Owens also plays the Great Mutato and the young CSM.)

Pendrell:

More information HERE.
hannah

« Reply #60 on: Oct 08, 2007, 08:20:39 PM »

What season/episode are you at?
hannah

« Reply #61 on: Oct 08, 2007, 08:33:07 PM »

I have a question about an episode in the first season of The Wire. (I finished it yesterday, btw, the first season: yessss.) Since there must be other folks who haven't to seen it but do intend to watch the show eventually, I'll white out the following:

When Wee-Bey takes D'Angelo to show him his fishtanks, is D'Angelo freaking out because he thinks he's going to get killed? This seems to be the standard line of interpretation, and it definitely makes sense, but while I was watching it -- based on D'Angelo's obvious waffling and discomfort and desire to wash his hands of it all, which had started as early as the pilot -- I was certain that it was because he thought he was going to have to kill someone (Little Man, perhaps) or maybe discard of a body. Anyway, I'm happy to be wrong, but I was just wondering what others thought...
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #62 on: Oct 08, 2007, 08:35:52 PM »

jesus, it's been so long since i saw it, i don't remember that at all. i'd have to watch the episode again.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
girl

« Reply #63 on: Oct 08, 2007, 08:42:13 PM »

I have a question about an episode in the first season of The Wire. (I finished it yesterday, btw, the first season: yessss.) Since there must be other folks who haven't to seen it but do intend to watch the show eventually, I'll white out the following:

I think this:
When Wee-Bey takes D'Angelo to show him his fishtanks, is D'Angelo freaking out because he thinks he's going to get killed?
but your other interpretations also make sense.

this is a story and you're not in it
elpollodiablo

« Reply #64 on: Oct 08, 2007, 08:42:22 PM »

When Wee-Bey takes D'Angelo to show him his fishtanks, is D'Angelo freaking out because he thinks he's going to get killed? This seems to be the standard line of interpretation, and it definitely makes sense, but while I was watching it -- based on D'Angelo's obvious waffling and discomfort and desire to wash his hands of it all, which had started as early as the pilot -- I was certain that it was because he thought he was going to have to kill someone (Little Man, perhaps) or maybe discard of a body. Anyway, I'm happy to be wrong, but I was just wondering what others thought...

Seriously? I never thought of that as ambiguous. I believe it's earlier in that episode that D and Bodie are discussing how Avon gets "when people get to fuckin' up." D is obviously shit-scared he's about to get popped: he isn't told where he's being taken, Bey (the stone cold hitter) is driving him into a dark alley, then walking up behind him in a dark room. It's got all the characteristics of a movie rub-out--think Goodfellas (which is probably what D was thinking, or something of the like).

Plus, it's not like D hasn't killed before. He threw some lead at Pooh Blanchard, heat of passion or not. I'm not sure that he'd do the dirt if Avon said so, but he definitely wouldn't react like he did.

Sorry if that's a little less than eloquent; I'm typing this as I watch a totally hilarious interview on O'Reilly.
« Last Edit: Oct 08, 2007, 08:48:30 PM by elpollodiablo » Logged

think 'on the road.'
hannah

« Reply #65 on: Oct 08, 2007, 08:53:07 PM »

Yeah, I get that. Except that Wee-Bey actually walks in front of him. And I assumed the not-telling-him-where-he's-going had more to do with avoiding wiretaps. Plus D is totally disgusted with all the blood on his hands, hence his stowing away in a Jersey jail in the last episode, however unsuccessfully. That said, it's not that important, and eventually I would like to rewatch that episode, because I'm sure there is a glaring clue I missed.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #66 on: Oct 08, 2007, 08:54:54 PM »

Good god the body language segments on O'Reilly are the fuckin tops when it comes to knee-slapping pseudo science

"The way she's opening her hands as she speaks, it's almost like she's opening her mind saying 'What can I say that the American people want to hear?'"

Woo, man.

think 'on the road.'
elpollodiablo

« Reply #67 on: Oct 08, 2007, 08:57:11 PM »

Yeah, I get that. Except that Wee-Bey actually walks in front of him. And I assumed the not-telling-him-where-he's-going had more to do with avoiding wiretaps. Plus D is totally disgusted with all the blood on his hands, hence his stowing away in a Jersey jail in the last episode, however unsuccessfully. That said, it's not that important, and eventually I would like to rewatch that episode, because I'm sure there is a glaring clue I missed.

I dunno man, I just don't buy it. The whole episode on the street level is about Avon and them cleaning up; D knows the trash is getting taken out, and he figures he's going out with it. Besides, there's no precedent for it: Avon's got guys like Bey around for shit like that. As far as we know, D's never been ordered to carry out any violence.

think 'on the road.'
hannah

« Reply #68 on: Oct 08, 2007, 08:58:17 PM »

True, yeah. Defeat, I concede you!
elpollodiablo

« Reply #69 on: Oct 08, 2007, 09:03:56 PM »

No, not at all! Let's talk more about the Wire! More! MORE!

Sorry if it seemed like I was gettin all up in yo grill; I've just got a very deep and unhealthy obsession with this show. I've probably seen that episode (and every episode from the first three seasons) four or five times. I was actually really surprised when you said Bey went in the house before D; I woulda sworn he stopped at the door, bitched at D, then made him walk in first.

See? Unhealthy! It's extended to my reading life. Also I'm watching Homicide. My pop cultural consumption is pretty much limited to murders in Baltimore!

think 'on the road.'
hannah

« Reply #70 on: Oct 08, 2007, 09:07:46 PM »

Yeah, I think you're right about the Bey-D walking order -- my memory stopped at Bey bitching at him -- because D does walk into the room by himself and then Bey turns on the lights.

The second season should begin arriving Wednesday. Goddamn Columbus Day.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #71 on: Oct 08, 2007, 09:09:31 PM »

Dude, do you not have broadband? Srsly. Netflix is for suckas

think 'on the road.'
dieblucasdie

« Reply #72 on: Oct 08, 2007, 09:25:23 PM »

What season/episode are you at?

Very beginning of Season 4; I just watched "Home" last night.  Haha wow the whole time you've been talking about your Pendrell love I was thinking of Spender.

Also miles is correct re: Wire

elpollodiablo

« Reply #73 on: Oct 08, 2007, 09:34:50 PM »

My god guys if you want a cheap smile turn on Fox News. Hannity and Coulter are shit scared of what's going to happen in the next 18 months.

think 'on the road.'
G.C.R

« Reply #74 on: Oct 08, 2007, 09:35:39 PM »

I really have to watch the first two seasons a second time. And the next two for the first time. the Wire, I mean.

'Home' is one of my favourite episodes! its funny and also super scary!

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 22
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: New TV Thread: I Hear NNY Helped Break Stories for FNL
Jump to: