Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Dec 20, 2014, 03:42:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658302 Posts in 9264 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 53 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Print
Author Topic: "How was your day, honey?"  (Read 25927 times)
aftm

« Reply #25 on: Oct 18, 2007, 11:28:54 PM »

I gotta ask. Why does everyone love futurama?
Good Intentions

« Reply #26 on: Oct 18, 2007, 11:34:28 PM »

Because it's really fucking funny.

You've seen the first two series, right? They are solid gold throughout. I've only seen single episodes after that, some of them a bit disappointing.
RavingLunatic

« Reply #27 on: Oct 18, 2007, 11:37:16 PM »

I used to watch Futurama on late night Cartoon Network. It is a really funny show.

I will meditate and then destroy you!
jebreject

« Reply #28 on: Oct 19, 2007, 02:09:37 AM »

Because it's really fucking funny.

You've seen the first two series, right? They are solid gold throughout. I've only seen single episodes after that, some of them a bit disappointing.

no no no no, the third and fourth seasons are even better. the fourth season is pretty much perfect start to finish.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
jebreject

« Reply #29 on: Oct 19, 2007, 02:10:32 AM »

my day sucked till scott came over then we hung out and drank beer and smoked cigarettes until time for band practice. and band practice ruled. and then i got more drunk and listened to 45s at 33.

aftm

« Reply #30 on: Oct 19, 2007, 06:15:41 AM »

45s at 33 would be a good band name. and probably is one.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #31 on: Oct 19, 2007, 08:35:56 AM »

I always thought it was highly overrated

think 'on the road.'
RavingLunatic

« Reply #32 on: Oct 19, 2007, 08:54:24 AM »

I remember this one time on Futurama where the Robot cooks them dinner, but he puts too much salt on the fish. When the main character dude (I haven't watched the show in a while) bites into his, he says, "That's the saltiest thing I've ever eaten. And I once ate a heaping bowl of salt." I don't know why, but I thought that was so damn funny.

I will meditate and then destroy you!
Greg Nog

« Reply #33 on: Oct 19, 2007, 09:10:05 AM »

I ate something salty the other day, and brought up that very line.  As well as Bender's rejoinder: "There was nothing wrong with that food!  The salt level was ten percent less than a lethal dose."

I could actually write a pretty long post about why I love Futurama so much, but it will have to wait until later.
das kranke Tier

« Reply #34 on: Oct 19, 2007, 10:09:24 AM »

I could actually write a pretty long post about why I love Futurama so much, but it will have to wait until later.

qft

Compendious as hell
jebreject

« Reply #35 on: Oct 19, 2007, 11:52:17 AM »

"There was nothing wrong with that food!  The salt level was ten percent less than a lethal dose."

Uh oh, I shouldn't have had seconds.

jebreject

« Reply #36 on: Oct 19, 2007, 11:52:43 AM »

I always thought it was highly overrated

That's 'cause you a buster.

C of heartbreak

« Reply #37 on: Oct 19, 2007, 04:44:51 PM »

Today concluded my first week at work, during which I got up progressively earlier each day.

But work is pretty good! The general rule appears to be "don't work too hard, or you'll make everyone else look bad." I can get behind that.

HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?
Augo

« Reply #38 on: Oct 19, 2007, 07:13:38 PM »

Today was pretty lazy.  Woke up hungover with my shoes on and biked over to school where I totally kicked a midterm square in the ass.  My shoes are covered with caked-up mud because last night I walked the 4 miles home from my friend's house on the other side of town with 7 shots of Ezra Brooks whiskey and 6 cans of pabst in my body, and I cut through a few construction zones without thinking about the fact that it had rained for 3 days straight before last night.  And then I fell asleep in my bed without taking my muddy ass shoes off.  So this afternoon I wiped that up, and then I went and got my pathetic paycheck.  Then I stopped by the store for a jug of Gatorade and noticed DiGiorno Pizzas were on sale for 3 bucks so I picked up a pizza and threw it in the oven, where I forgot about it until about 40 minutes later.  So then I ate a burned pizza and fixed about 75 songs on the bottom of my itunes that had the band names and track numbers in the song catagory.  That shit had been buggin me for so long. 

But as a result of that I found a few long-lost songs by my roommate's first cute little high school punk band No Cash Value.  I've been listening to them all day now, waiting for him to come home, pause in the doorway, and shake his head in disgust.  This shit is hilarious considering the music he writes now.

So yeah, pretty boring day.  I have a friend coming to town tonight, which is sweet, but I have to work at 5 am tomorrow and that puts a big damper on the night...

Gonococcus Bear pays a visit!
El_Josharino

« Reply #39 on: Oct 19, 2007, 07:55:33 PM »

Oh man, you should send me those No Cash Value songs.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
andronicus

« Reply #40 on: Oct 19, 2007, 07:57:30 PM »

I have to work at 5 am tomorrow and that puts a big damper on the night...
I for one completely absolutely feel you on this.
Augo

« Reply #41 on: Oct 19, 2007, 09:18:30 PM »

I guess they're technically early Monday's Child but it's the same thing as late No Cash Value. 

No Cash Value - Tamborine

Jake don't play no tamborine
Jake don't play no tamborine, tonight!

WHOOOOAA!

GOOD LORD I BROKE A STRING!
seriously

Augo

« Reply #42 on: Oct 19, 2007, 09:20:02 PM »

I have to work at 5 am tomorrow and that puts a big damper on the night...
I for one completely absolutely feel you on this.

Total suck.  I can handle working at 5 on a weekday, but when a potentially awesome Friday night looms and work is callin' at 5 on Saturday...well there are fewer worse feelings...

andronicus

« Reply #43 on: Oct 19, 2007, 09:30:07 PM »

I tell you from long experience man, sometimes you just have to go to work worn out and drunk.
Augo

« Reply #44 on: Oct 19, 2007, 09:46:29 PM »

I tell you from long experience man, sometimes you just have to go to work worn out and drunk.

I know, man.  I know.

Funny story, maybe I've told it before...but basically my 5 a.m. job simply entails me driving a small floor-scrubbing tractor thing around a very large hardware store before all the customers arrive.  The first time I was given this duty, I showed up drunk and on maybe an hour or so sleep.  I filled the tractor thing up with water, fired her up, and made it about 10 feet before I drove strait into the side of an aisle, turning it about 25 degrees.  To this day it still sits crooked, and I laugh every time I walk by it.  Also, that morning I forgot my boss's name but I remembered that it started with "J" so I called him "J-bones."  He hasn't looked at me the same since.

I just had 4 margaritas and my friend pulls into town in about 15 minutes.  It's gonna be a long morning.

El_Josharino

« Reply #45 on: Oct 19, 2007, 10:23:29 PM »

I guess they're technically early Monday's Child but it's the same thing as late No Cash Value. 

No Cash Value - Tamborine

Jake don't play no tamborine, tonight!

WHOOOOAA!

GOOD LORD I BROKE A STRING!
seriously

This is exactly why you need to send these songs to me.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
cool banana

« Reply #46 on: Oct 19, 2007, 11:13:28 PM »

Hey, how did the crazy job drama go, cb?  Are you fired?  Takin' to HR, old school?

Well, worst atmosphere I've ever experienced at work. It's like the Harry Potter with that fat lady how it's all fascism and timing people on their breaks and putting up new rules. My friend and her sister took to HR, I was asked a whole lot of questions and backed her up. I kept my job because my boss can't really afford to let me go, as I've been there since day one.

Basically sucks. However... to get back on topic.

TODAY WAS AWESOME

Thanks, Grace Very Happy

She's like, so whatever
kadiekatRN

« Reply #47 on: Oct 19, 2007, 11:26:11 PM »

The first seven hours of my day were spent running my ass off, problem solving vacuum assisted wound closure systems, dealing with frequent c/o pain, and lots of bilious stomach contents (yummy green).

I went home and watched the Office on DVR, and then slept on and off for the next seven hours.  In the middle, my man and I had some "quality time."

Then we went to a fish fry, and I hyperextended my stomach.  Afterward, we had band practice at which I was unable to sing or play well, wholely distracted by my distended abdomen. 

Now I'm at home and bored.  Frank is leaving early tomorrow, so it's an early night... I guess I could go hang out with other bandmates.  Then again, stomach is distended and I'm not very comfortable.

Lesson: never mix fish and musics.
milesofsparks

« Reply #48 on: Oct 20, 2007, 12:32:55 AM »

Today concluded my first week at work, during which I got up progressively earlier each day.

But work is pretty good! The general rule appears to be "don't work too hard, or you'll make everyone else look bad." I can get behind that.

tradesies?  you take my job, I'll take yours?

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
milesofsparks

« Reply #49 on: Oct 20, 2007, 12:57:35 AM »

work I won't talk about except to say that I got held hostage and missed the cocorosie show, but my friend who works two floors down was also held hostage at her work, so we had a drink, then a nice dinner, then went to De Roberti's, which is one of my favorite places in New York.  I've been going there since the early 90s at least.  I had a delicious eclair and steamed milk with orzata and now I am very ready for bed.  a lovely ending to an exhausting week (though I am feeling guilty because I said I'd go back to work tonight, and I probably ought to at least go into work tomorrow morning).

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: "How was your day, honey?"
Jump to: