Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 23, 2014, 02:42:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658205 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 54 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15
Print
Author Topic: "How was your day, honey?"  (Read 25142 times)
coldforge

« Reply #325 on: May 12, 2008, 10:14:35 AM »

That actually sounds a little similar (ok, too long, skimmed) to GNog's and my own experience in that same region.

l'era del terzo mondo.
Greg Nog

« Reply #326 on: May 12, 2008, 11:19:42 AM »

Yeah, only as bad as the visibility was, I wasn't really terrified that we were going to die so much as that we were going to break the car by stopping in a foot-deep pond, and I that I was gonna get charged the price of the rental car.

Related:  Just this morning, I mailed off the money order to pay the fine for the speeding ticket I got in Georgia!  Only two years late!  Thank you, tax refund!
DCDave

« Reply #327 on: May 12, 2008, 11:31:39 AM »

Andrew,

Do you remember the Blizzard that hit Richmond in like, early 2005?  I drove back from Richmond to DC that night, in that, up 95, in my Toyota echo, and almost got T-boned at 13th and Florida NW, like 5 blocks from where I live, after making the rest of the way in the middle of the night, ahead of the plows, w/o incident.

So I have sympathy for you.

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #328 on: May 12, 2008, 02:00:16 PM »

there were actually really terrible depressing things going on in my life when that blizzard hit. so yeah, i definitely remember it.

glad neither you nor greg/coldforge got into an accident or suffered any other grievous misfortune. for that matter, i'm glad i didn't either.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
sassymcassface

« Reply #329 on: May 12, 2008, 04:51:21 PM »

i just ran a mile and a half or so because i was late getting back from lunch.

it actually felt good to run, so today is good.

cake cake cake cake cake cake
milesofsparks

« Reply #330 on: May 12, 2008, 10:37:13 PM »

highlights of today:
  • sneezing and having itchy eyes all day (and tomorrow is supposed to be much worse pollen-wise)
  • having an ear infection (this is Wally's fault somehow, I feel)
  • buying a new (feather-free) comforter, which I had to wrestle around in the wind quite a lot (see below)
  • working late
  • having to walk through a ton of smoke where some firemen had blocked off a street to give people practice using fire extinguishers
  • finding, when I transferred to the L train, that it smelled of smoke and the platform was full of firemen with axes and things
  • being told the L train was running to Brooklyn from 1st Ave, so I walked across town to 1st Ave (no cabs or busses in sight) only to find the L train wasn't running at all
  • having to walk many blocks (comforter in tow) to escape the crowd of people trying to hail and/or tackle passing cabs
  • taking an expensive cab right home (luckily with a perfectly charming cabbie)
  • having the hot water run out in the middle of trying to wash my hair

I am SO ready for today to be over.

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
El_Josharino

« Reply #331 on: May 13, 2008, 12:53:23 AM »

Today started out pretty crappy because we were short 2 people at work and so I got freakin swamped. But then I went home and took a nap, and then went out for Monday night tacos with my buddy and his new girl and her friend. We got there and they were busier than usual, busy enough that they basically ran out of taco shells. Lucky for us we are regulars and therefore buddies with the bartender, and he told a few people who had ordered before us that they were out of tacos and refunded them, and then we got the very last of their taco shells. So that was pretty sweet. Needless to say, he got tipped well. Overall, I cannot complain.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
G.C.R

« Reply #332 on: May 13, 2008, 01:40:20 AM »

Miles that bites.

And Josh, I think I want to move to Nebraska. I can help you KILL ALL HUMANS

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
El_Josharino

« Reply #333 on: May 13, 2008, 07:05:40 PM »

You should, Grace. That would be absolutely ADJECTIVE NOT FOUND.

diesel_powered

« Reply #334 on: May 13, 2008, 07:22:48 PM »

Today was pretty decent. I went to the museum and finished painting my installation space, thus finishing up everything I owe school. (Technically, I owe the bank all that loan money.) I then proceeded to take a load of shit to my storage space ($35 a month for $500 worth of piece of mind in not having as much shit in my tiny, tiny apartment). After lunch, I went back to my apartment and broke down all the cardboard and shopping bags I had collected over the past year and stuffed them in my car. Then I realized that I needed to replace my headlights and one fog light on my car if I ever hoped to drive at night without being arrested, so $60 and an hour ordeal later, I replaced my lights. I had plans to do laundry tonight, but as I was on my back, groping blindly to replace the fog light, I had what the AA crowd calls a moment of clarity. My laundry would still be around in the morning. Fuck it, I'm smoking a joint and walking to get ice cream.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
G.C.R

« Reply #335 on: May 13, 2008, 07:42:48 PM »

Writing is just not happening today. I tried and tried and its just. not. happening. Also, I almost threw up cleaning up cat vomit. Today had better get better.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
The_Tourist

« Reply #336 on: May 13, 2008, 08:22:30 PM »

woke up with a headache, was grumpy all morning, and have been tired and lacking motivation at work all day.

however, i'll be going out to dinner to one of my favorite places soon, with my favorite person, then to the grocery store, then to bed.

i guess it balances out.

we have the money for missiles and fun
sassymcassface

« Reply #337 on: May 13, 2008, 08:25:23 PM »

woke up with a headache, was grumpy all morning, and have been tired and lacking motivation at work all day.

however, i'll be going out to dinner to one of my favorite places soon, with my favorite person, then to the grocery store, then to bed.

i guess it balances out.

why are you taking helen to dinner?

The_Tourist

« Reply #338 on: May 13, 2008, 08:27:31 PM »

actually, i think i'm just going to go alone.

jerk.

sassymcassface

« Reply #339 on: May 13, 2008, 08:29:45 PM »

actually, i think i'm just going to go alone.

jerk.

bullshit.
you neeeeed me.

andronicus

« Reply #340 on: May 13, 2008, 08:32:00 PM »

I think my life and general outlook on the world makes a lot more sense when one considers that I liked it when mommy and daddy fought.
The_Tourist

« Reply #341 on: May 13, 2008, 08:39:52 PM »

I think my life and general outlook on the world makes a lot more sense when one considers that I liked it when mommy and daddy fought.

liked it in the pants?

andronicus

« Reply #342 on: May 13, 2008, 08:49:16 PM »

Don't you judge me.
diesel_powered

« Reply #343 on: May 14, 2008, 03:09:35 PM »

Just to add to my statements above, I smoked a joint to my face and walked to get ice cream. As I wandered through town with my cookie dough non-bilzzard blizzard thing, Michael Cera walked by.

Yes, Michael Cera. I checked with some other people to make sure I wasn't just stoned.

I didn't talk to him, but as we walked past each other our eyes met and there was this moment of:

"Is that Michael Cera??"

"Did he just recognize that I'm Michael Cera? I hope he doesn't talk to me."

"What the hell is he doing wandering around where I live???"

I still don't know what the hell he was doing walking through my neighborhood, but I left him to deal with the throng of Juno wannabes that were following him around.

So basically, yesterday went from "just okay" to "FULL OF WIN" thanks to ice cream and Michael Cera.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #344 on: May 14, 2008, 03:21:19 PM »

just bought a tomato plant

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
alex

« Reply #345 on: May 14, 2008, 04:43:40 PM »

I still don't know what the hell he was doing walking through my neighborhood, but I left him to deal with the throng of Juno wannabes that were following him around.

I got all confused here, because I really thought you were talking about Michael Gira.

Of course, I just looked up the respective wikipedia entires of Gira and Cera to figure out what was going on, and misread "artist" as "dentist", so perhaps you shouldn't mind me right about now.

PS: I would not trust Gira with a root canal treatment, I think.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #346 on: May 14, 2008, 05:05:44 PM »

You smoked a joint to your face?

think 'on the road.'
El_Josharino

« Reply #347 on: May 14, 2008, 09:28:29 PM »

Well yesterday I went to work and it pretty much sucked. Then I left work and came home and relaxed and then went to beer school and had a grand old time and made some new friends and made plans to have regular get togethers over fine beers and get togethers to share homebrews past, present, and future. So overall the day was alright.

Today I went to work and it again completely sucked. But then I came home and rolled a cigarette and sat on the porch and holy shit it's so nice outside, so I walked over to the falafel place a block from here that has 3 things on their menu and I ordered 2 of those things, and now I'm sitting here with kabob in my belly and curry fried at my side and a beer at my side also and I'm still on the porch because holy shit it's still so goddamn nice out. So overall I can't complain.

Ignatius

« Reply #348 on: May 14, 2008, 09:52:52 PM »

How far is the falafel place from the bar that has fried pickles?  You need to get Omaha to pay you for your services.  I am sold on that city.
El_Josharino

« Reply #349 on: May 14, 2008, 10:15:21 PM »

Hold on, I'll make a map.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: "How was your day, honey?"
Jump to: