Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 01, 2014, 03:19:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658143 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 54 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23
Print
Author Topic: music random music  (Read 41024 times)
SPACERACE

« Reply #50 on: Nov 07, 2007, 06:45:35 PM »

i'd totally wear that, i always just make up genres for bands i like.

Supplier of highest-quality synthetic duck butter
Good Intentions

« Reply #51 on: Nov 07, 2007, 06:57:46 PM »

I used to do that, but lost the energy for it. Ephel Duath was "blackened smash jazz", and stuff like that. difficult and GCR probably still laugh at me for spelling atmospheric wrong in one such genre descriptor, and insisting I got it right.
SPACERACE

« Reply #52 on: Nov 07, 2007, 07:28:09 PM »

i have the bad plus labeled as "power hot-bop" and manhunter as "progressive ultra-dance" on last.fm

G.C.R

« Reply #53 on: Nov 08, 2007, 04:33:55 PM »

Damn the music in this internet cafe is so bad, but darn Rihanna's Pon De Replay is a GREAT song. I dont care what you think I dont care.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
davy

« Reply #54 on: Nov 09, 2007, 01:09:52 AM »

i think i'd probably sneer at someone wearing that t-shirt, but then i would also probably follow them around until i'd finished reading it.

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #55 on: Nov 09, 2007, 01:13:43 AM »

I prefer songs about the girl who doesn't want you to the ones where she does.

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
jebreject

« Reply #56 on: Nov 09, 2007, 01:15:14 AM »

"hocus pocus" by focus = awesome

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
milesofsparks

« Reply #57 on: Nov 09, 2007, 10:39:30 PM »

a slew of music randomosity:

I am grooving on Separation Sunday.  I will try to pick up the new one this weekend, though the bank account is getting a wee bit thin. 

I'm supposed to be put off by his voice or something?  it's about as weird to me as Springsteen.  which is to say, not at all.

also, did I mentioned Casiotone covered Springsteen's Streets of Philadelphia at the Brooklyn show?  pretty random.  I'm gonna wear my autographed Casiotone t-shirt tomorrow.  it is awesome.

I wish it wasn't so late.  I need to play some violin asap.

earlier today I was scrolling through the iPod looking for something to help me make it through the day, and I was all "C! cannibal love song!  no, wait, it would be under J for Just Another... wait.  it doesn't exist."  made me laugh at myself, always a worthwhile end result.

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
Good Intentions

« Reply #58 on: Nov 10, 2007, 06:25:27 AM »

So, it turns out that Satyricon's debut, Dark Medieval Times is grim, kvlt and blisteringly cold. As well as thoroughly awesome. Who'd have guessed?
jebreject

« Reply #59 on: Nov 10, 2007, 11:17:53 AM »

Cool

SPACERACE

« Reply #60 on: Nov 10, 2007, 08:26:54 PM »

i just realized something: if we want rock to survive, so many dynamos needs to be much more famous, and people need to listen to them instead of all this 'post-punk' nonsense or whatever they call it, and then they'll realize that really complicated rock & roll about shit that isn't stupid is what music should have always been.

it's catchy, and that singer is hella radio-friendly, but then you listen, and you say "woah. woah."

ok, no, seriously: listen to these two songs, the first two on the album "flashlights" and tell me this is not the band to infiltrate and destroy everything

Saturday Night, Sunday Morning
Search Party
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2007, 08:34:34 PM by SPACERACE » Logged

davy

« Reply #61 on: Nov 10, 2007, 08:48:25 PM »

So, it turns out that Satyricon's debut, Dark Medieval Times is grim, kvlt and blisteringly cold. As well as thoroughly awesome. Who'd have guessed?

i haven't heard any satyricon that i haven't liked.

i even liked diabolical now...a lot. not exactly kvlt, but it rocked my ass well enough.

coldforge

« Reply #62 on: Nov 10, 2007, 11:45:49 PM »

now, diabolical

l'era del terzo mondo.
lastclearchance

« Reply #63 on: Nov 11, 2007, 02:38:34 AM »

i just realized something: if we want rock to survive, so many dynamos needs to be much more famous, and people need to listen to them

Every time someone has this realization I hope that this is actually what is happening, one person at a time.

Quote from: cold before sunrise
Look, who's giving the report, YOU chowderheads or ME?
hannah

« Reply #64 on: Nov 11, 2007, 11:33:22 AM »

I think I only listen to seven bands (plus offshoots) now. Maybe ten. I told you it was all downhill for me from age 16.
El_Josharino

« Reply #65 on: Nov 11, 2007, 05:22:54 PM »

i just realized something: if we want rock to survive, so many dynamos needs to be much more famous, and people need to listen to them instead of all this 'post-punk' nonsense or whatever they call it, and then they'll realize that really complicated rock & roll about shit that isn't stupid is what music should have always been.

it's catchy, and that singer is hella radio-friendly, but then you listen, and you say "woah. woah."

ok, no, seriously: listen to these two songs, the first two on the album "flashlights" and tell me this is not the band to infiltrate and destroy everything

Saturday Night, Sunday Morning
Search Party

Sayin'

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
jebreject

« Reply #66 on: Nov 13, 2007, 03:35:58 AM »

Bad things are going to happen. I just joined YourMusic.

And filled up my queue through 2019

davy

« Reply #67 on: Nov 13, 2007, 08:20:53 AM »

i've actually just been considering ending my subscription.

i think i've already got most of what i need from there.

remember, though: the queue is fine and all, but don't forget that the main reason to join up with yourmusic is their prices on box sets...$7 a cd!

jebreject

« Reply #68 on: Nov 13, 2007, 12:40:49 PM »

oh yeah, i know! i'm just waiting till i have more than $7 to spend!

man, wtf though? no dylan, no creedence, no pink floyd? what's the deal, yourmusic?

also i feel a little bad 'cause most of this stuff is stuff i'd rather just buy on vinyl and will probably find for a buck or two at the record store

justinh

« Reply #69 on: Nov 13, 2007, 01:05:51 PM »

It's got all the Sabbath and Bowie, though.  I like having that stuff on multiple formats, even if it's a bit excessive. 
jebreject

« Reply #70 on: Nov 13, 2007, 02:17:45 PM »

yeah, queue is filled with sabbath and bowie!

davy

« Reply #71 on: Nov 13, 2007, 03:13:38 PM »

that's weird. i got both my CCR and dylan box sets there. but yeah, i just checked, and they're definitely gone now.

no stones or beatles or byrds, either, and the only decent kinks album they carry is muswell hillbillies. it is what it is...there's good stuff to be got.

their jazz selection is definitely worth a browse.

milesofsparks

« Reply #72 on: Nov 13, 2007, 03:56:36 PM »

hey, what do we know about Scotland Yard Gospel Choir, other than they are neither Scottish nor a gospel choir?  I've been enjoined to attend a free instore thing of theirs, but, eh, their myspace didn't compel me much. but then, myspaces rarely do.

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
ellaguru

« Reply #73 on: Nov 20, 2007, 10:42:42 AM »

So, after twelve years of loyal service, my tuner decided to break down yesterday. I don't think it's serious - it's randomly turning on and off every ten minutes or so. When it's on, it's perfect, so it sounds reparable. Not really looking forward to dealing with all them wires, cords and cables, though. My stereo is nicely wedged against a wall and the backside is tough to get to.

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #74 on: Nov 21, 2007, 02:22:50 AM »

I am a lineman for the coooooountyyyyyyy

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 23
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | In The Earbuds | Topic: music random music
Jump to: