Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 02, 2014, 04:29:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658067 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 44 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: Television Thread: this time, nonotyet didn't do it.  (Read 32786 times)
guanajuato

« Reply #250 on: Nov 12, 2007, 02:37:15 PM »

So I guess Season 5 is only 10 episodes?  Boo.  What fucking else do you have to air, HBO?  That Anna Paquin Vampire show (milly will love it)?  At least they got it finished before the strike, though.

Fuck you asshole!

we're celebrating your sprint anniversary!
elpollodiablo

« Reply #251 on: Nov 12, 2007, 02:39:21 PM »

Just had that lying around, Andrew?!?

Good news on the Wire front. Wire: Season 4 comes out December 4th!

Or last fall if you have a computer

If you like watching things on a laptop screen.

I enjoy watching it on my television.

Also blucas you didn't know about that? Apparently it was a production-side decision, not one made by the network.

think 'on the road.'
guanajuato

« Reply #252 on: Nov 12, 2007, 02:43:44 PM »

Just had that lying around, Andrew?!?

Good news on the Wire front. Wire: Season 4 comes out December 4th!

Or last fall if you have a computer

If you like watching things on a laptop screen.

I enjoy watching it on my television.

Also blucas you didn't know about that? Apparently it was a production-side decision, not one made by the network.

Is this some kind of 'i plug my computer into my TV' things, because that's super cool!!! Next you'll give a lecture on zip drives!!! Dude, can we get a lecture on flac when you get a spare minute?

dieblucasdie

« Reply #253 on: Nov 12, 2007, 02:46:01 PM »

It was production-side in the sense that HBO was like, "We'll give you this much money" and Simon was like "that's enough for 10 episodes then."

But he knew from the get-go, so it's not like he had 13 planned and got it cut back.

The business side of HBO is weird.

Yes milly, these crazy kids with their $10 cables!  Magic! 

Also, no need to fuck me, I'm 110% sure that you will love the Anna Paquin vampire show.  I mean, I'll probably watch it.  I just don't think the HBO-fanboy pretensionarati will like it.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #254 on: Nov 12, 2007, 02:56:21 PM »

Hey I loves me some southern Gothic horror, but I am supposed to wet myself because Anna damn Paquin is in it?

think 'on the road.'
elpollodiablo

« Reply #255 on: Nov 12, 2007, 02:57:29 PM »

And yeah milly there's a pretty good chance your notebook/pc has an s-video port on it already

think 'on the road.'
guanajuato

« Reply #256 on: Nov 12, 2007, 03:05:26 PM »

HBO-fanboy pretensionarati??????? I don't think there's any snobbery involved with being an HBO enthusiast. It's like 10 bucks a month!! That's 2 packs of cigarettes for smokers, or eating out once at a cheeseball diner, or the cost of a used John Mellencamp cd. It's not like people with subscriptions to HBO are walking around in suits, tweaking wax into facial hair, and having daily tea time. Shit, HBO's forced networks to make stuff like Friday Night Lights to compete. We, the viewers, win!

dieblucasdie

« Reply #257 on: Nov 12, 2007, 03:07:40 PM »

I like a fair amount of HBO shows.  Most of the them are pretty good to varying degrees.  I'm talking about the people who think HBO is art and the rest of TV is crap because HBO has swears and asses and The New Yorker said it's OK to like it.  You know who you are.
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2007, 03:10:29 PM by dieblucasdie » Logged

guanajuato

« Reply #258 on: Nov 12, 2007, 03:21:30 PM »

I like a fair amount of HBO shows.  Most of the them are pretty good to varying degrees.  I'm talking about the people who think HBO is art and the rest of TV is crap because HBO has swears and asses and The New Yorker said it's OK to like it.  You know who you are.

I think you're prejudiced against an imaginary tribe of people, with this. While, it's fair to say a lot of HBO subscribers think HBO makes better entertainment than the Networks, this vision of yours of a crowd of snooty HBO fans wearing tennis outfits and containing icy stares, is like when conservatives talk about people who read the New York Times, and so on. Yes. I'm calling you the Bill O Reilly of HBO bashing. If you cannot find the target, then like Bill, you create the target! Dude, pretty soon you'll talk about George Soros!

Greg Nog

« Reply #259 on: Nov 12, 2007, 03:22:16 PM »

You know who you are.

I'm surprised you went with the above phrasing rather than "LOOK AT THIS VILLAIN I JUST CREATED IN MY MIND"
dieblucasdie

« Reply #260 on: Nov 12, 2007, 03:26:23 PM »

I've heard this argument from at least a dozen people IRL.  Several even including the New Yorker justification.  To be fair, I haven't heard it in about a year, since HBO's been sliding in quality.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #261 on: Nov 12, 2007, 03:30:37 PM »

granted, I might hang around too many insufferable art-school kids.

Greg Nog

« Reply #262 on: Nov 12, 2007, 03:32:04 PM »

I was about to ask what kind of crowd you were running with, but decided against it in favor of daydreaming about Beverly Crusher.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #263 on: Nov 12, 2007, 03:39:51 PM »

This from the guy that cries strawman whenever someone uses "hipster" or "yuppie"

think 'on the road.'
dieblucasdie

« Reply #264 on: Nov 12, 2007, 03:42:16 PM »

Not that I recall; I use those words all the time.

Especially "yuppie."  I can't go five seconds without bitching about yuppies.  Probably a fault of mine, I know.

It's a bit outdated, as I said, but are you really denying the existence of the "HBO is the only good TV" meme?  That shit was *everywhere*.
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2007, 03:44:16 PM by dieblucasdie » Logged

lastclearchance

« Reply #265 on: Nov 12, 2007, 03:43:24 PM »

xpost from movie thread: david simon is also in season 2 as a reporter

Quote from: cold before sunrise
Look, who's giving the report, YOU chowderheads or ME?
elpollodiablo

« Reply #266 on: Nov 12, 2007, 03:43:57 PM »

Oh shit I thought you were John

xpost to blucas, obv

think 'on the road.'
RoyBiggins

« Reply #267 on: Nov 12, 2007, 03:44:15 PM »

That'd be awesome if you had Tourettes, but one of the things you shouted at random was STRAWMAN

My dad knows a dude that says "ILOVEYOU" repeatedly. Plus, he's a used car salesamn.

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
Greg Nog

« Reply #268 on: Nov 12, 2007, 03:59:57 PM »

are you really denying the existence of the "HBO is the only good TV" meme?  That shit was *everywhere*.

I think what we're doing here is not so much denying its existence as saying that perhaps you're surrounding yourself with people who make you think it's a lot more widespread than it actually is.  I don't know if it's way more common on Television Without Pity or what, but I don't know anyone who does what you say is "everywhere".
elpollodiablo

« Reply #269 on: Nov 12, 2007, 04:13:05 PM »

Blucas apparently feels about TV how I feel about music; that is, that there is some elitist taste-making cabal calling the tune to which all the vapid, sycophantic drones dance.

And we're both right, after a fashion. But we're both wrong, as well.

think 'on the road.'
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #270 on: Nov 12, 2007, 04:24:20 PM »

Hey I loves me some southern Gothic horror, but I am supposed to wet myself because Anna damn Paquin is in it?

no, i think i'm supposed to do that.

and i totally did, too.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Maaik

« Reply #271 on: Nov 12, 2007, 04:26:05 PM »

no, i think i'm supposed to do that.

and i totally did, too.

She's got a nice bottom.

I need anne the man lessons
dieblucasdie

« Reply #272 on: Nov 12, 2007, 04:27:15 PM »

Blucas apparently feels about TV how I feel about music; that is, that there is some elitist taste-making cabal calling the tune to which all the vapid, sycophantic drones dance.

And we're both right, after a fashion. But we're both wrong, as well.

Yeah, this is more or less true.  

nonotyet

« Reply #273 on: Nov 12, 2007, 04:47:30 PM »

I was really, really, really bored last night and so I watched Desperate Housewives looking for Nathan Fillion and he was not on it and I would very much like that hour of my life back please thank you.
Also I am not going back and looking through the thread to see if it was already discussed, but I found a list on the interweb of how many episodes certain TV shows have left before they start getting affected by the strike, and The Office has ONE EPISODE LEFT. Also too I read that Big Shots has been cancelled.

This has been the I Have Had Too Much Caffeine And Am Kind Of Running At The Mouth Corner.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #274 on: Nov 12, 2007, 04:51:26 PM »

Yeah, most shows have at least 3 or 4 scripts that are still in production, but since The Office has some writer/actors they can't do that.

Also lol @ CBS for threatening to sue their showrunners.  Rupert Murdoch gets the bad press but sweet Jesus is Les Moonves ever a prick.

Though a guess they don't have to worry about keeping them since pretty much anyone could showrun "CSI: Miami."

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: Television Thread: this time, nonotyet didn't do it.
Jump to: