Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 29, 2014, 04:16:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657932 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 68 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Print
Author Topic: The thread in which we help one another out  (Read 63710 times)
Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #175 on: Jun 05, 2008, 04:56:35 AM »

Thankyou good sir. For both.

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
Nick Ink

« Reply #176 on: Jun 05, 2008, 06:16:44 AM »

Can anyone help me with Sunny Sundae Smile by MBV?  I've been casually trying to hear it again for six or so years.  If I only knew how widely unavailable it was back in high school. . .

I think I might have the whole ep and the Lovelee Sweet Darlene one on my pc at home (at work right now) - i'm pretty sure i converted them to mp3 before selling the original records last year - so I'll try to check back and put them up here at some point (at work right now)

edit : to ask how much it's acceptable to share here with rare oldies like this?

for the record, i have all of the following, and indeed most of the later 12"s from MBV:
Lovelee Sweet Darlene EP
Sunny Sundae Smile EP
Strawberry Wine EP
Ecstasy mini-LP
You Made Me Realise EP
Feed Me With Your Kiss EP
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2008, 01:43:18 PM by Nick Ink » Logged

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
Nick Ink

« Reply #177 on: Jun 05, 2008, 02:45:30 PM »

Okay, I've decided nobody will mind these EPs going here in full, as they're old and impossible to buy (and fucking superb). If I've got that wrong, I'll be happy to take them down and proffer full apologies.

My Bloody Valentine - The New Record By... (1986)...

Lovelee Sweet Darlene
https://download.yousendit.com/A71AD6F55EE3FDD6
By The Danger In Your Eyes
https://download.yousendit.com/F4B36EE03B127CA2
On Another Rainy Saturday
https://download.yousendit.com/0A2B778E2397100F
We're So Beautiful
https://download.yousendit.com/BB548BD044CE41DE

My Bloody Valentine - Sunny Sundae Smile (1987)

Sunny Sundae Smile
http://download.yousendit.com/58DDF18C062C9C67
Paint A Rainbow
https://download.yousendit.com/34E757362B1E62CC
Kiss The Eclipse
https://download.yousendit.com/DF50F41D28F33CE3
Sylvie's Head
https://download.yousendit.com/FE88AD410982C822

Paint A Rainbow's the best one.

Seest thou what happens, Laurence, when thou firk’st a stranger ‘twixt the buttocks?!
Ignatius

« Reply #178 on: Jun 05, 2008, 11:04:39 PM »

thank you! I'd had trouble finding even mentions of the song at times, and had begun to doubt if i ever really heard it, or if it was mis-attributed or something.
Antero

« Reply #179 on: Jun 06, 2008, 06:05:29 AM »

Whoooa.  This is nothing like MBV classically sounds.  This is all moddish and power-pop and a little twee.

And there are drums.

And bass.

What.

Quote from: nonotyet
this has been OPINIONS IN CAPSLOCK
alistarr*

« Reply #180 on: Jun 06, 2008, 06:35:38 AM »

yes, and the line-up is different. mbv started out as an indiepop band, and a good one at that.
Nick Ink

« Reply #181 on: Jun 06, 2008, 01:17:32 PM »

Even before these EPs, there's a record called 'This Is Your Bloody Valentine' or something. I got it retrospectively to be a completist and it's very bad indeed - that's the one with the different singer. These two EPs are Kevin, Colm and Deb, but Bilinda joined just after. They auditioned her as a lead singer in fact.

The next releases (strawberry Wine EP and Ecstasy mini-LP are an interesting sort of stepping stone between the early sound and the band they ended up becoming famous as. I really love some of the songs on that mini-LP - was/is that available in the US?
« Last Edit: Jun 06, 2008, 01:20:47 PM by Nick Ink » Logged

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #182 on: Jun 12, 2008, 01:17:34 PM »

bumping this to report that there was a compilation called "ecstasy and wine" that i believe was issued on a us-based independent label, which included the entirety of the "strawberry wine" and "ecstasy" eps. not sure the label. i could google, but i'm lazy.

EDIT: i got over my laziness and googled. lo and behold, "ecstasy and wine" was released by LAZY RECORDS. how about that.
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2008, 01:20:07 PM by Andrew_TSKS » Logged

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Babar

« Reply #183 on: Jun 12, 2008, 05:03:53 PM »

maybe a long shot, but does anyone have Showboys' Drag Rap? It's from 1986 and has been heavily sampled in Southern Hip hop.

Oh man, I'm gonna have cause to regret this post. I know it.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #184 on: Jun 12, 2008, 05:29:04 PM »

I'm still looking for Pete Seeger doing "Lord God, Pittsburgh!"

It's on his Prague 1964 record, if anyone has it it'd be much appreciated

think 'on the road.'
elpollodiablo

« Reply #185 on: Jul 06, 2008, 06:50:54 PM »

Looking for a version of Donovan's "Colours" which is not available on iTunes, or anywhere else so far as I can tell. I have the original and re-recorded versions on CD somewhere, but I'm looking for the down tempo, more melodic version with the backing vocals. I know it was featured in the Rules of Attraction adaptation, but the version listed on Amazon for the soundtrack is not the one I'm thinking of, nor is it the one from the film.

*I think it's actually called "version III" and it's on a best of compilation, but not the one on iTunes
« Last Edit: Jul 06, 2008, 06:52:47 PM by elpollodiablo » Logged

think 'on the road.'
davy

« Reply #186 on: Jul 06, 2008, 09:20:19 PM »

try this one. someone put it on a mixtape for me several years ago, so i'm not sure where it came from, but it's not the version on the donovan comp that i have.

it's my favorite, though.

donovan - colours

The drummer IS the foundation, p3wn.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #187 on: Jul 07, 2008, 12:40:25 AM »

davy that is IT my brother! You are my motherfucking HERO dogg, seriously! I looked and looked and looked for this today and couldn't find it. Much as I love the original, there's something about this version, it just satisfies on every single conceivable level--if someone asked me for my idea of a perfect pop song, this is probably the track I'd play em.

Thank you so much!

think 'on the road.'
elpollodiablo

« Reply #188 on: Jul 07, 2008, 12:42:33 AM »

Blue is the color of the sky
aiai
in the morning
when we rise
in the morning
when we rise
That's the time
(that's the time)
That's the time
(that's the time)
I love the best

think 'on the road.'
elpollodiablo

« Reply #189 on: Jul 07, 2008, 12:47:34 AM »

And another Donovan track for those who might not be familiar with him:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/TTdFT2pEQ0NoMlhIRGc9PQ

Dude is not a man with whom you should fuck

think 'on the road.'
jebreject

« Reply #190 on: Jul 07, 2008, 12:55:15 AM »

Donovan! Who's this Donovan!

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
C of heartbreak

« Reply #191 on: Jul 07, 2008, 01:02:24 AM »

Oh shit Pollo you read my mind. I was just listening to the Butthole Surfers' version of that song (which I still maintain is better), and had a hankering to listen to the original, which I couldn't find on my computer. So thanks! Cool

HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?
elpollodiablo

« Reply #192 on: Jul 07, 2008, 07:45:04 AM »

I thought for maybe the Kiwis or such as children who are not wise in the ways of this world

Also C yr welcome!

think 'on the road.'
RavingLunatic

« Reply #193 on: Jul 07, 2008, 04:43:23 PM »

The only song of his I've heard is that "Universal Soldier" track, which is pretty rad.

I will meditate and then destroy you!
VJHStarr

« Reply #194 on: Jul 10, 2008, 05:12:28 PM »

Seeking "Don't Disturb This Groove" by The System. Will be perfectly happy if you point me to where I can buy it, don't require a freebie. Thanks.

I'm thinking it's possible that you've found this song in the weeks since you posted this but I randomly have this track on my work computer so here t'is if you still want it: http://www.mediafire.com/?t4gttmum2vy

You can buy the mp3 on amazon too, if you really want to.
G.C.R

« Reply #195 on: Jul 10, 2008, 06:29:47 PM »

I thought for maybe the Kiwis or such as children who are not wise in the ways of this world

Hrumph psssh

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
Babar

« Reply #196 on: Jul 11, 2008, 09:09:15 PM »

so i checked out some podcast or whatever about out-of-print hip hop. i didn't really hear anything of interest except for a song of De La Soul's 3 Feet High and Rising, which i already have in a shiny new jewel case and i'm pretty sure it's not out of print (and i don't really like that album), but ok, and a song of MF DOOM's Operation: Doomsday which is awesome, but i knew that beforehand.

BUT there was one thing that caught my ear, it was a beat that was going on in the background while the dude was talking about some shit. I know I've heard that beat before, it's not underground or anything, it might have been a hit, probably not though, but it's by some pretty well-known artist and if you know just a tiny bit about hip hop, i'm sure you've heard it before, but i can't quite put my finger on where i've heard it before. so be doll and help me out here. here's the beat with the guy talking, 47 seconds, i'm sure you can fit that into your tight internet schedule.

http://www.mediafire.com/?eg6m5mx3wtt

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #197 on: Jul 11, 2008, 09:12:34 PM »

Haha Mad Skillz! The whole "From WHERE??" thing is because he's from RICHMOND. Despite our having a really great hardcore scene, we don't have much of a hip-hop scene here, and he's pretty much the only Richmond hip hop artist to ever get a major record deal.

But I didn't recognize the beat. Sorry Babar.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Babar

« Reply #198 on: Jul 24, 2008, 05:08:15 AM »

So I put on Jaylib's Champion Sound because i really haven't listened to that album as much as i should because it's a very good album. Track 1, track 2, track 3, track 4, BAM! when track 5 comes on, there is the beat i was wondering about in my post!! It's a great song, The Red, and an overall really good album (not a surprise considering it's collaboration album between Madlib and J Dilla). i KNEW i had heard it somewhere before.

thanks a lot, lptj  Hrumph

alex

« Reply #199 on: Jul 29, 2008, 07:11:00 PM »

Does anyone happen to have a digital copy of "Jesus was a Capricorn" (title track, not the whole album, of course, of course) by Kris Kristofferson around? My vinyl copy is old and scratchy and in Vienna (and also, not really actually mine, strictly speaking, although noone would ever notice if I took it away), while I am here and wanting to listen to the song.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | In The Earbuds | Topic: The thread in which we help one another out
Jump to: