Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 02, 2014, 12:56:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657942 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 83 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: AMERICANS! What are you doing on Thursday?  (Read 6796 times)
diesel_powered

« Reply #75 on: Nov 22, 2007, 10:39:51 PM »

I went to a fancy restaurant with my parents and ate a short shit ton of seafood soaked in various dairy-based preparations. With more dairy-based preparations after. And a couple whiskeys. And there's probably a pound of leftovers in my fridge. Today was a good day.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
Greg Nog

« Reply #76 on: Nov 23, 2007, 07:45:53 AM »

girl, sorry to hear about your grandmother.  Sounds like everyone's Thanksgivings went splendidly, though, and man, alex's food sounds like quite the fancy time.  Pancake stripes?

Woke up yesterday, ran, cooked, ate and drank with the family, played cards, then my sister and her friends and I went out for drinks and candlepin bowling.  It was a grand time, and the cowboy mashed potatoes were a big hit.  I leave the skins on, and add lots of parsley, so the whole thing has this beautiful colorful rustic look to it.  Good food, good company, Woo!

And now it's Black Friday and I am going to the motherfucking MALL to gawk at the motherfucking PATHOS!
diesel_powered

« Reply #77 on: Nov 23, 2007, 09:41:11 AM »

Ick.

I might hit Barnes & Noble later to check to see if they've got some DVDs I want on sale, but other than that I think you'd have to be nuts to venture out today.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
jebreject

« Reply #78 on: Nov 23, 2007, 10:41:52 AM »

I work downtown, right across from the Grand Avenue Mall. I'm so, so glad that I do not have to work today.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
RoyBiggins

« Reply #79 on: Nov 23, 2007, 11:08:57 AM »

I just went shopping.  Am happy.  It wasn't bad, save for the standing in line, which sucked.  But was made better by the cheery middle aged couple in front of me who killed time talking to me about TV shows and Christmas movies.  At one point, this lady heard us discussing 24 and spontaneously purchased 5 season of it on DVD.  Huh?  Still, awesome. Made a good purchase.

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
jebreject

« Reply #80 on: Nov 23, 2007, 11:39:45 AM »

At one point, this lady heard us discussing 24 and spontaneously purchased 5 season of it on DVD.

What. The. Fuck.

That lady is clearly insane.

DCDave

« Reply #81 on: Nov 23, 2007, 12:12:24 PM »

The turkey my friend made yesterday looked so good that he took a picture of it and I ate it.  Best Thanksgiving ever until one of my friends started publicly complaining that her boyfriend wouldn't fuck her in the bathroom. 

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
RoyBiggins

« Reply #82 on: Nov 23, 2007, 12:14:20 PM »

At one point, this lady heard us discussing 24 and spontaneously purchased 5 season of it on DVD.

What. The. Fuck.

That lady is clearly insane.

I agree. Also, for clarity's sake, I made a good purchase. Not her.

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
heather marie

« Reply #83 on: Nov 23, 2007, 12:21:38 PM »

What'd you get, Brian?

Also, I am terrified to go into work today to see the leftover carnage. It shall be fun.
andronicus

« Reply #84 on: Nov 23, 2007, 01:20:21 PM »

Ick.

I might hit Barnes & Noble later to check to see if they've got some DVDs I want on sale, but other than that I think you'd have to be nuts to venture out today.
On my way to work this morning, round about 4:30 am, I thought how neat it would be to buy a domain like www.boycottblackfriday.com to encourage consumers to avoid Black Friday in order to force retailers to equalize sales throughout the holiday season and reduce strain on workers.
RoyBiggins

« Reply #85 on: Nov 23, 2007, 01:22:33 PM »

What'd you get, Brian?

Also, I am terrified to go into work today to see the leftover carnage. It shall be fun.

A GPS thing for my car.  I ache at the fact that it was still expensive, but it was 40% off it's normal price, and I get lost ALL the fucking time.  So, this should help.  Plus, since I was pretty laid back about whether I got it or not, I strolled into the store at like 9 a.m. after dropping Lucy off at the bus.  So, no stress or nothin'.

jebreject

« Reply #86 on: Nov 23, 2007, 03:17:29 PM »

On my way to work this morning, round about 4:30 am, I thought how neat it would be to buy a domain like www.boycottblackfriday.com to encourage consumers to avoid Black Friday in order to force retailers to equalize sales throughout the holiday season and reduce strain on workers.

http://adbusters.org/metas/eco/bnd/ ?

girl

« Reply #87 on: Nov 23, 2007, 11:31:48 PM »

A GPS thing for my car.  I ache at the fact that it was still expensive, but it was 40% off it's normal price, and I get lost ALL the fucking time.  So, this should help.

This is sort of what I'm expecting from my mom this year. I'm hoping it will help, because no matter how many maps and directions I have, I'm completely useless at finding my way anywhere.

edit: Also, the mall was sort of a nightmare, but at least I had decent sales today--normally Black Friday is just people "looking", which means that they mess stuff up ask 1000 questions and don't actually buy anything. I'm guessing that's what tomorrow will bring.

this is a story and you're not in it
morgan

« Reply #88 on: Nov 24, 2007, 07:16:28 AM »

I work downtown, right across from the Grand Avenue Mall. I'm so, so glad that I do not have to work today.

Pfft.  No one goes to the Grand Ave anymore, anyway.  Not since the '80s, or something.  Back when they had the big bear going across the tightrope around Christmastime. 
dominic

« Reply #89 on: Nov 24, 2007, 08:19:54 AM »

The turkey my friend made yesterday looked so good that he took a picture of it and I ate it.  Best Thanksgiving ever until one of my friends started publicly complaining that her boyfriend wouldn't fuck her in the bathroom. 

Made me spill my coffee.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
LPTJ | Last Plane Forums | Departure Lounge | Topic: AMERICANS! What are you doing on Thursday?
Jump to: