Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 31, 2014, 09:04:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658143 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 64 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: You know what's annoying?  (Read 42214 times)
girl

« on: Nov 16, 2007, 10:01:35 PM »

We need another annoyed thread already!

this is a story and you're not in it
hannah

« Reply #1 on: Nov 16, 2007, 10:47:08 PM »

The basement neighbors are having a party. They are playing really shitty music and they have left the door open. It's cold, assholes. Close the door. And listen to better music at a lower volume. Thanks. I am the 22-year-old curmudgeon upstairs, yes. Now shut up.
diesel_powered

« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2007, 07:34:01 AM »

7:30 am on a Saturday is a time nobody should ever have to see, let alone work at.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
coldforge

« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2007, 09:41:12 AM »

I was woken up at 4:30 by a man screaming and shrieking directly below my window! He was on some kind of drugs. He was screaming and cursing at everyone until the cops gave him some kind of sedative and put him on a gurney.

EDIT: It was awesome.

l'era del terzo mondo.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2007, 11:13:41 AM »

once a woman woke me up at 3 am because she was on the sidewalk in front of my building screaming insults at the top of her lungs at some guy she knew who was about a block away. the crux of her insults seemed to be that the guy, who i'm guessing was half-black, was not well hung. she kept screaming "IS YOUR PENIS BLACK? IS YOUR PENIS BLACK?" over and over. i guess if the circumstances had been slightly different i would have been pissed about being woken up, but it was just too hilarious for me to be mad.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
slow west vultures

« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2007, 02:50:38 PM »

feeling sick, having quasi-panic attack symptoms for the first time in a long while, and in general having no idea what's going wrong with you is most annoying right now. 

Ocean in view! O! The joy!
Anne the Man

« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2007, 07:30:49 PM »

I don't want to rant about it again, cos I just did elsewhere, but people who look back on childhood as one big joy-ride of security and happiness are idiots with some kind of amnesia. "Things were so awesome, but all I remember was wanting to grow up. Hmm, why would that be?" Maybe cos parts of it actually really SUCKED, assholes.

Hey jerks, mind if I watch you jerks do your jerk-bending?
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2007, 07:38:29 PM »

Fuck the bobcats! Go Griz Go!Fuck the bobcats! Go Griz Go!Fuck the bobcats! Go Griz Go!Fuck the bobcats! Go Griz Go!Fuck the bobcats! Go Griz Go!Fuck the bobcats! Go Griz Go!Fuck the bobcats! Go Griz Go!Fuck the bobcats! Go Griz Go!Fuck the bobcats! Go Griz Go!Fuck the bobcats! Go Griz Go!

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
hannah

« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2007, 07:52:30 PM »

The basement neighbors are having a party. They are playing really shitty music and they have left the door open. It's cold, assholes. Close the door. And listen to better music at a lower volume. Thanks. I am the 22-year-old curmudgeon upstairs, yes. Now shut up.

Goddamn, they're still having a party.
jebreject

« Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2007, 08:10:23 PM »

fucking migraines.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
coldforge

« Reply #10 on: Nov 18, 2007, 12:20:04 AM »

Goddamn, they're still having a party.

Wait, Hannah, are you younger than me?

l'era del terzo mondo.
hannah

« Reply #11 on: Nov 18, 2007, 12:38:30 AM »

Perhaps. I am 22. I will be 23 at the end of December. I was always the youngest in my grade because I beat the cutoff by fourteen hours.
coldforge

« Reply #12 on: Nov 18, 2007, 12:42:12 AM »

i'm older than you! i turned 23 two weeks ago. i had always assumed you had .51 years on me because you had more education under your belt.

l'era del terzo mondo.
hannah

« Reply #13 on: Nov 18, 2007, 12:48:23 AM »

Happy belated birthday, good sir, and enjoy your dotage. I'll be there soon enough.
coldforge

« Reply #14 on: Nov 18, 2007, 01:04:31 AM »

Yeah, man. It's a whole other world up here.

l'era del terzo mondo.
jebreject

« Reply #15 on: Nov 18, 2007, 01:33:14 AM »

All these people I thought were my age are younger than me WTF

Way to make me feel like a pathetic loser who hasn't accomplished shit, LPTJ!

j/k  Heart

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
dominic

« Reply #16 on: Nov 18, 2007, 07:26:13 AM »

Turns out my little sister won't be able to meet me in London next month for the gandalf show, in fact it seems unlikely at this point that I'll be seeing her until early January. Sucks.
diesel_powered

« Reply #17 on: Nov 18, 2007, 08:49:26 AM »

I don't want to rant about it again, cos I just did elsewhere, but people who look back on childhood as one big joy-ride of security and happiness are idiots with some kind of amnesia. "Things were so awesome, but all I remember was wanting to grow up. Hmm, why would that be?" Maybe cos parts of it actually really SUCKED, assholes.

FTW!

That's really my perspective on those who would have the country roll back to some kind of utopian 50's suburban paradise. IT'S ONLY PARADISE BECAUSE YOU'RE REMEMBERING IT WITH THE MEMORIES OF A CHILD.

Also, I have to say I'm a little intrigued to find out that a number of people here that I thought were about my age are actually several years younger. Not that I'm all "WOO! YOUNGINS! LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT THE HORRORS OF BEING OLD!!!" because that's rediculous. It's just intereresting to me because I usually hang out with people that are a couple years older than me. Y'know... those few "friends" i keep around in case LPTJ goes down or something.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
auto-da-fey

« Reply #18 on: Nov 18, 2007, 12:34:36 PM »

Man, Wolf Blitzer is pissing me off. I've got CNN on while I make breakfast, and he's asked the new Japanese prime minister whether Japan will change its constitution to allow more vigorous participation in the "war on terror" THREE TIMES now. The PM keeps ducking the question in the interest of being diplomatic, but I would fly into ecstasy were he to say, "Hey Wolf, has it crossed your fucking dipshit mind that Japan might have its own national interests that don't involve being a U.S. lapdog?" Not that I'm a Fukuda fan by any means; he seems like a kinder, gentler Abe, based on my limited knowledge of Japanese politics. But still, questions like that annoy me to fucking hell.
slow west vultures

« Reply #19 on: Nov 18, 2007, 12:40:58 PM »

i don't think the cable news channels are good for you health whit.  they're almost worse than watching no news at all.  i flip through cnn when i'm flipping through the channels randomly and i can only leave it for thirty seconds or so before i realize i'm being deluged with totally random events from around the country that have no impact on my life whatsoever.   

slow west vultures

« Reply #20 on: Nov 18, 2007, 01:06:40 PM »

i'm annoyed that i went up on my ssri, and consequently feel like crap because this makes my thyroid medicine less effective.  now i'm going to have to decide whether going up on my ssri is worth it, if it means readjusting my thyroid medicine again (which i don't really have stabilized right now to begin with).  i feel like i'm juggling pills every single day, and it gets tiresome.  it would be nice just to not have to worry about stuff your body is supposed to take care of automatically for one day, so my already feeble mind could try and tackle something else. 

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #21 on: Nov 18, 2007, 01:21:03 PM »

i don't think the cable news channels are good for you health whit.  they're almost worse than watching no news at all.  i flip through cnn when i'm flipping through the channels randomly and i can only leave it for thirty seconds or so before i realize i'm being deluged with totally random events from around the country that have no impact on my life whatsoever.   

this is totally my problem with television news. i refuse to watch any tv news, on any channel.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
auto-da-fey

« Reply #22 on: Nov 18, 2007, 01:31:27 PM »

Word--I'm with you, Joe and Andrew. I only had this on as a placeholder because I didn't want to start today's Jess Franco movie until I was done slicing vegetables and able to devote my complete attention to it. I think 97% of the time that I watch CNN, it's just so I can bitch about it. The other 3% motive is the hope that Anderson Cooper will spontaneously come out live on the air.
Augo

« Reply #23 on: Nov 18, 2007, 07:38:39 PM »

I turn 23 in February!  Popular age around here it seems... In my mind, Hh has always been 24ish and coldie 27ish.  I guess I'm with DP when I usually just assume people are older than me, since, with every group I've ever run with I've pretty much always been the baby by 2-5 years. 

DP and Jeb, I've got both of you guys around 28.  Am I close?

Gonococcus Bear pays a visit!
morgan

« Reply #24 on: Nov 18, 2007, 07:40:42 PM »

Man, Augo, you're only 22?  What the hell?  I thought you were my age. 

What is happening in the world?!  Foxy bearded guys who are only 22!  What!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: You know what's annoying?
Jump to: