Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 23, 2014, 07:43:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658126 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 44 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Repelling blandomness with randomness.  (Read 32581 times)
C of heartbreak

« Reply #175 on: Dec 03, 2007, 11:34:21 PM »

I really like the idea of married people creating their own new last name. I wish people would do it more often.

HOW WOULD I BE? WHAT WOULD I DO?
girl

« Reply #176 on: Dec 04, 2007, 01:31:48 AM »

Not to be the world's biggest cynic, but wouldn't that cause a whole lot of bother in the event of a divorce?

this is a story and you're not in it
G.C.R

« Reply #177 on: Dec 04, 2007, 02:20:53 AM »

Thats why you choose a sorta portmanteau type surname. that way you can halve it in the event of a divorce. Or just go back to your old name. Or make up a new one, you know, whatever floats your rubber duck.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #178 on: Dec 04, 2007, 02:54:38 AM »

I know a lesbian couple who both have the same first name. I want gay marrige to be legalized to they can both have the same double barrel last name as well. That would be sweet. They are having a civil union tho, but I'm not sure if you change your name when you do that. I'm gonna be best man.

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
G.C.R

« Reply #179 on: Dec 04, 2007, 02:55:52 AM »

You KIDDING ME! What when how? That is ace! Tell them congrats! Are they coming down for the Black Lips?

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #180 on: Dec 04, 2007, 03:08:20 AM »

Not sure when it's happening yet. Some time next year. I'm pretty damn excited about it for sure.

They're not coming down to welly sadly. But they'll be at the AKL show, and they saw Black Lips in New York earlier in the year. Some of the welly people are coming up to Auckland tho which will be awesome. We're gonna have a BBQ at my place in the afternoon before the show. Nigel may put a hangi down!

"It's more easier to do it if you done it than what it is to explain it. Your middle part is all you move. There's a lot of 'em that does and no good about it"
G.C.R

« Reply #181 on: Dec 04, 2007, 03:14:19 AM »

Damn that sounds good. We should have some sort of picnic or something before the Wellington show too.

Killdozersnakeboy

« Reply #182 on: Dec 04, 2007, 03:48:19 AM »

That sounds like a great idea. I'll be in touch when I get down there on the Tuesday.

Aglaya

« Reply #183 on: Dec 04, 2007, 04:41:08 PM »

I just found out yesterday that a lesbian couple I know are planning their wedding too!  I mean, obviously not in the legally-recognized kind of way, but they are having the ceremony and all.  They've asked me to sing, which I'm stoked about.  My roommate is going to be the maid of honor, and I may also be making her dress.  The only thing that sucks is that one of them has two daughters who can't be in the wedding because her ex is looking for any possible way to get custody. 

Twurt away, merry horse-scorpions of the internet.
hannah

« Reply #184 on: Dec 04, 2007, 07:07:52 PM »

Ridiculous discussion. The majority of surnames that women can't bear to give up...that they feel are soooo unique (dubiously making them think that they are, in turn, soooo unique)...were their FATHERS last name!!
How did a woman's family pass down the surname she treasures so childishly? Trough male lineage - by overwhelming majority!
I ask - what's good enough for her families legacy is not good enough for her husband and her child?? The vanity and arrogance of these women, and the whipped men that support them, is an embarrassment to any family name.
andronicus

« Reply #185 on: Dec 04, 2007, 07:09:39 PM »

Makes you just want to hug someone.
C of heartbreak

« Reply #186 on: Dec 04, 2007, 07:12:43 PM »

Hannah needs to spend more time in the trough of male lineage.

auto-da-fey

« Reply #187 on: Dec 04, 2007, 10:23:21 PM »

So medical school can make my lady irritable and exhausted, but it also leads to charming gems like this evening, where we sit down to eat together and I ask if she had any interesting cases today. "No," she says, "I had to look up some chick's anus for abscesses, and I examined the testicles of a martial arts fighter from New Zealand, but that's about it."
G.C.R

« Reply #188 on: Dec 04, 2007, 10:32:04 PM »

What's your girl doing examining GI's testicles?

auto-da-fey

« Reply #189 on: Dec 04, 2007, 10:41:43 PM »

I wondered the same thing, but the dude was apparently more into New Age stuff than Julian Casablancas and didn't mention Kant once, so I don't think the LPTJ fourth wall has been broken.

Also a 70 year old dude came in wanting an HIV test because he heard that AIDS could be transmitted through the air.
G.C.R

« Reply #190 on: Dec 04, 2007, 10:46:27 PM »

ah haha ahahaha! Seriously though, poor guy.

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #191 on: Dec 05, 2007, 09:40:39 AM »

Funny thing, pretty much had the bike lane to myself this morning.  Except for one old dude lurching toward me on the 1300 block of Wells wearing shorts and some gym's t-shirt in what I can only assume was an attempt at jogging.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #192 on: Dec 05, 2007, 10:04:36 AM »

Attack of the Mutant Dick from Outer Space

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
C of heartbreak

« Reply #193 on: Dec 05, 2007, 10:09:18 AM »

wait does the dick have arms?

though I guess that's to be expected, being a mutant and all

SPACERACE

« Reply #194 on: Dec 05, 2007, 12:59:05 PM »

and kevin smith is here to save us all.

random: i'm thisclose to buying the adobe CS3 suite cheap off amazon.

Supplier of highest-quality synthetic duck butter
Lucy

« Reply #195 on: Dec 05, 2007, 01:08:15 PM »

and kevin smith is here to save us all.

random: i'm thisclose to buying the adobe CS3 suite cheap off amazon.

brian adores his, so i'm for it if its gonna make you psyched. its practical too. well, for some people it is.
SPACERACE

« Reply #196 on: Dec 05, 2007, 01:40:31 PM »

i've been uh, giving it a trial run for a very long time, it's indespensible to me at this point and i really really don't want to use it commercially without a 100% legit copy. there are out-of-box copies of design premium going for only a couple hundred bucks on amazon and i seriously almost just bought it.

i'm having trouble figuring if i need the design package or the web package though. the only significant difference to me is fireworks, which i don't know if i need because i don't know how badass i want to become with this web shit. i don't want to do this for too long.

only problem is that i also need a macbook pro and a house
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2007, 01:50:15 PM by SPACERACE » Logged

Supplier of highest-quality synthetic duck butter
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #197 on: Dec 06, 2007, 03:49:02 PM »

ok, guys, i have to post this for your enjoyment and for posterity.

there was this thread on the local hardcore message board (which you'd have to be logged in to read, or i'd just give you guys the link), on which a girl who is in college posted about the presentation one of her classmates did today. this was the original post:

Quote from: sarah
"Why I choose this topic:
    In high school I was nicknamed "Big Pimpin" by friends, in today's youth pimps have the life.  I also realized that pimping has become a dominant black industry negative connotations against black pimps were wrong and misleading, and spread a terrible image on a national bases by Hollywood.  I feel that we need to be educated on one of the world's biggest Past Times."

this is all off of a handout i received from a classmate today who gave a presentation and wrote a ten page paper on why pimping and prostitution should be legal called "Pimping 101."  i have typed everything out exactly as he has it written.  his handout and argument closed with this statistic: "Did you know 20% to 25% of women are your practical hoes while most just have that hoe personality trait in them that they release from time to time."

i begged her to post the handout and she couldn't scan it due to not having a scanner. but she DID take (blurry but still pretty readable) pics with her digital camera, which i will now reproduce here:

Quote from: sarah
i apologize because the pics came out blurry. i know it's hard to read.  at the very bottom of the third page, there is that statistic and then it says "Diagnosis range from" and he just stopped working there.  didn't even finish his sentence.  when my teacher asked him about it, he was like "yeah, my printer messed up," which is funny because it was that way on all 15 or so handouts.  yeah.

this blew my mind and i just had to share it with you guys.
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2007, 03:51:43 PM by Andrew_TSKS » Logged

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
hannah

« Reply #198 on: Dec 06, 2007, 08:21:47 PM »

Jacob is on the phone with his twin brother and they are swapping Michael Savage stories
slow west vultures

« Reply #199 on: Dec 06, 2007, 10:58:48 PM »

what IS the morale issue with pimping?  how does a pimp keep the morale of his working girls up on a day to day basis.  inquiring minds . . .

Ocean in view! O! The joy!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 20
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: Repelling blandomness with randomness.
Jump to: