Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 02, 2014, 10:12:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657940 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 83 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22
Print
Author Topic: but, you are aware that there's an invention called Television  (Read 42023 times)
maggiego

« Reply #250 on: Dec 07, 2007, 12:55:17 AM »

That episode is CALLED 'Heidi and Kennedy'. Chase is fucking relentless. And I must be easy too, because I respect the hell out of that.

edit for dangling davidciples
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2007, 01:33:47 AM by maggiego » Logged

Hi, I see you're really good at Centipede.
hannah

« Reply #251 on: Dec 07, 2007, 11:21:19 AM »

at this point i'm becoming convinced that Tracy Jordan's lines on 30 rock are written using Mad Libs.  funny episode though.  i think 30 rock needs to be a little longer though, because the last couple of episodes have just closed on a random point.  i wish some of the action would spill over onto other episodes. 

Last night's ending was the best, though!

And maybe the greatest line of the episode came from Jenna: "I dragged myself out of bed at 4 am, went home, got dressed and came here."
slow west vultures

« Reply #252 on: Dec 07, 2007, 11:55:45 AM »

ha, i didn't even catch that part.  i was trying to think of some really random line from tracy to prove my point but all i could think of was " . . . its illegal here in this country.  thanks a lot Puritans" 

Ocean in view! O! The joy!
mriley

« Reply #253 on: Dec 07, 2007, 01:05:19 PM »

ha, i didn't even catch that part.  i was trying to think of some really random line from tracy to prove my point but all i could think of was " . . . its illegal here in this country.  thanks a lot Puritans" 

"Maybe I should try this crystal meth I've been hearing so much about"

or

"Where are the french fries I did not ask for?"
hannah

« Reply #254 on: Dec 07, 2007, 03:44:24 PM »

BANTER
mriley

« Reply #255 on: Dec 07, 2007, 04:04:02 PM »

Would you call what we did last night sex?
auto-da-fey

« Reply #256 on: Dec 08, 2007, 09:11:54 PM »

Time to watch the last episode of The Wire s4. I can't imagine this is going to put me in a good mood, but I'm braced for the worst by this point.
auto-da-fey

« Reply #257 on: Dec 08, 2007, 11:32:59 PM »

Yeah, that was grim. Since it's already been discussed thoroughly, I guess I don't have much to add. My admiration for this show knows few limits. The only thing I found a little baffling was Rawls' political naivety, which just didn't wash with me--he had to know the system better than that. Otherwise, daaaaaamn.
lastclearchance

« Reply #258 on: Dec 08, 2007, 11:38:43 PM »

The only thing I found a little baffling was Rawls' political naivety, which just didn't wash with me--he had to know the system better than that.

I always saw that as Rawls misreading/underestimating Carcetti in the same way that some of the old-guard white politicians did. Or maybe thinking that if he ever had a shot at commissioner, that was it--better a risky, potentially bad play than no chance of a play. But yeah, pretty weak.

How much should I be spoilering?

Quote from: cold before sunrise
Look, who's giving the report, YOU chowderheads or ME?
elpollodiablo

« Reply #259 on: Dec 08, 2007, 11:39:10 PM »

I thought Rawls' misstep was pretty much covered when Burrell told him that he's not suited to politics. And besides: he'd probably never get another opportunity like that. 

Nice xpost lc

think 'on the road.'
auto-da-fey

« Reply #260 on: Dec 08, 2007, 11:50:59 PM »

Agreed with both posts, it just seemed like he would've seen this dynamic in action at least a few times before and known better, what with the politics of race hardly being a subtle matter in city politics, but I guess that just agrees with the "not suited for politics" angle.

Also, I think the image from the final episode that's going to stick in my head and keep breaking my heart is Prez sitting in his car, watching Duquan work the corner. That gets under my skin even more than Carver with Randy.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #261 on: Dec 09, 2007, 12:03:33 AM »

heather (since you're the only one who seems to care):  I was just talking to the gf about what the critics have been saying about the last two eps of Dexter.  Then I realized that if the critics had seen them, they'd probably been leaked and they sure sure have.  YES

No Wire leak yet, though, sadly.

Come on, you bastards, the TV threads on this board have probably converted more people to The Wire than some asshole at the Sun-Times anyhow.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #262 on: Dec 09, 2007, 01:35:08 PM »

Also, I think the image from the final episode that's going to stick in my head and keep breaking my heart is Prez sitting in his car, watching Duquan work the corner. That gets under my skin even more than Carver with Randy.

little tiny spoiler:
from the new yorker article about david simon and the wire that hannah posted earlier this year, i learned that duquan will be back in season 5. so there's a possiblity that that's not the end of the story.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
nonotyet

« Reply #263 on: Dec 10, 2007, 12:39:33 PM »

so um uh. There is a movie version of Dead Like Me that is in production right now going straight to DVD sometime in 2008 and Mandy Patinkin is not in it at all.

This cannot possibly be a good idea.
heather marie

« Reply #264 on: Dec 10, 2007, 12:47:45 PM »

heather (since you're the only one who seems to care):  I was just talking to the gf about what the critics have been saying about the last two eps of Dexter.  Then I realized that if the critics had seen them, they'd probably been leaked and they sure sure have.  YES

So wait.. how many episodes are left? The torrent for last night's is finishing up, but is there another ep? If so, I need it. I can't wait anymore. Dexter is all I have left!

Btw, did you ever watch Damages? For some reason I thought you'd either really love it or really hate it, but I dunno.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #265 on: Dec 10, 2007, 12:48:54 PM »

so um uh. There is a movie version of Dead Like Me that is in production right now going straight to DVD sometime in 2008 and Mandy Patinkin is not in it at all.

I have to say, Mandy Patinkin not being in things is often a good idea.

However, "straight to DVD" is almost never a descriptor of a quality product.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #266 on: Dec 10, 2007, 12:50:47 PM »

Dude we talked about that for like a page somewhere.

They also recast Daisy because she's in that awful "Women's Murder Club" show.

Also, it's "straight-to-DVD" in the same way that "Razor" was; they'll air it on Showtime.  It's supposed to be a backdoor re-pilot.

And yes! heather, there is one more episode after last night's, and it's totally on the internet already.  It's goooood.

nonotyet

« Reply #267 on: Dec 10, 2007, 12:53:37 PM »

[monkey:]I mostly agree with you, but he was one of the central characters in the show and he is Mysteriously Absent, possibly because he is on some shitty CBS crime drama or in a revival of Fiddler On The Roof in Cleveland or something, but still.

edit GOD SORRY.
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2007, 12:56:06 PM by nonotyet » Logged
dieblucasdie

« Reply #268 on: Dec 10, 2007, 02:08:18 PM »

Yeah, he's not doing anything now since he decided to quit Criminal Minds by just not showing up to work, which was hilarious.  I'm not all that worried about him not being in that movie, since the storyline of him getting replaced actually sounds kind of interesting, and my biggest beef with Dead Like Me was that we saw the same "learning to accept your fate" lesson over and over again with not enough time devoted to developing the overarching mythology of the show's world.

heather marie

« Reply #269 on: Dec 10, 2007, 04:53:28 PM »

OMG DEXTER OMG
RoyBiggins

« Reply #270 on: Dec 10, 2007, 05:00:44 PM »

Man. I have watched the first 5 episodes of this season of Dexter.  Am I jsut gonna be pissed at the cliffhanger?  Man.  It is quite good, though.

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #271 on: Dec 10, 2007, 05:13:35 PM »

Question about FNL se. 2: Did they replace the Mark Zupan analogue with the actual Mark Zupan?

think 'on the road.'
nonotyet

« Reply #272 on: Dec 10, 2007, 05:31:38 PM »

I never thought of him as a Zupan analogue! But you're right! And no, it is the same dude, as far as I can tell, and he is named Kevin Rankin.
He is or was also in The Bionic Woman, which led to a lot of confusion on my part mostly because I am not very smart.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #273 on: Dec 10, 2007, 05:36:02 PM »

I'd have to go back and look but I'm about 90% sure that the guy Street is talking to in se. 2 is not whats-his-face from se. 1. Unless whats-his-face aged about 8 years and got some facial scarring in the downtime. Maybe the dude he's talking to in the wheelchair in se.2.ep.2 isn't supposed to be whats-his-face.

think 'on the road.'
hannah

« Reply #274 on: Dec 10, 2007, 05:37:04 PM »

It's not, it's a cameo by Mark Zupan.

So you were right in other words. Rankin appears in like the next episode.
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2007, 05:39:05 PM by hannah » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 ... 22
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: but, you are aware that there's an invention called Television
Jump to: