Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Sep 01, 2014, 03:43:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657934 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 75 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Demented by the fermented (another rhyming thread name: this one's about booze!)  (Read 35914 times)
El_Josharino

« Reply #275 on: Dec 20, 2007, 05:32:19 PM »

Hell of a way to celebrate. Tonight, one car bomb for each semester spent at college!

I like your style.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
El_Josharino

« Reply #276 on: Dec 20, 2007, 05:32:58 PM »

Man, today sucked. I had about 4 margaritas too many last night.

girl

« Reply #277 on: Dec 20, 2007, 06:16:55 PM »

Drinks tooo night

3 Hendrick's and Tonic!

Why are you putting tonic in Hendrick's? That's just wrong. Hendrick's doesn't need tonic to keep it company. It likes being alone, reveling in it's own deliciousness.

Jim, I was at a Christmas party last night, and I thought of your story about "The ladies sure love Maker's Mark." 

The party was open bar (O glorious!) but there were only about four kinds of whisky there, none particularly extraordinary.  So I was drinking Maker's, talking to this girl, and she said, "I don't think I've ever had whisky."  And I said, "You're missing out!"  And she said, "Yeah, but how many girls do you know who really drink whisky?" and I couldn't think of an actual number offhand, so I just sputtered "Bah!" and recommended that she try some Maker's Mark.

i drink whiskey.

I also drink whiskey.

this is a story and you're not in it
theartlessmonster

« Reply #278 on: Dec 20, 2007, 07:37:11 PM »

I made some hot buttered rum for a party last week, I had no high expectations on how it would turn out but OMG, it was kick ass. I have the recipe if you'd like.

oh and per my other post. Madeira. sweet wine for such a bitter season.

Don't be a swiss roll.
milesofsparks

« Reply #279 on: Dec 20, 2007, 08:24:35 PM »

I made some hot buttered rum for a party last week, I had no high expectations on how it would turn out but OMG, it was kick ass. I have the recipe if you'd like.

oh and per my other post. Madeira. sweet wine for such a bitter season.

I would like the recipe!
also, if any one has a good glög recipe, that would be awesome as well.
also, I had too much beer at work.  and tomorrow is the holiday party and there will undoubtedly be more drinking.  w00t! &etc.

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
Greg Nog

« Reply #280 on: Dec 20, 2007, 08:50:22 PM »

I would also like that recipe.

On coldie's advice, I stopped by Astor Wine & Spirits this evening, to pick up the Retsina I mentioned.  That place is huge!  And pretty-lookin'!  And they have little description cards underneath all their liquors!  And tremendous cabinets filled with scotches I could never afford!  Astor is fantastic!

I also got to try a sample taste of Charbay's Double Barrel whisky.  Why they were handing out sips of three-hundred-dollar-a-bottle whisky to goobers like me is a mystery for the ages, but my god, it was good.  It hits your tongue, and at first, it's not particularly fascinating.  But then, as soon as it starts to interact with the air in your mouth, the flavors explode.  Chief among them is hops, which works surprisingly well, but I couldn't quite tell what else was going on in there, 'cause the serving-dude wouldn't shut up and I was a little worried he'd be all, "You know you're contractually obligated to buy a bottle of that now, right?"  But man, those hops fit right in.  It's like the drink's saying: "Hey, look, I'm whisky.  Just kidding!  I'm beer!  Just kidding!  I'm SOME MAGICAL CREATURE THAT IS TOO PERFECT FOR THIS WORLD!"

Anyway: smooth, strong, and incredibly intriguing.  I've had Johnnie Walker Blue before, and I wasn't super-impressed; I mean, it's a damn good drink and all, but I can't see ever spending two hundred bucks for a bottle of scotch that's less interesting than a whole lot of much cheaper brands.  But this Charbay's stuff was both amazingly unique and amazingly delicious.  This is definitely something I'd consider buying for some kind of totally rare occasion.  Like marriage, or the birth of a child, or frenching Gates McFadden or something.  Wonderful, wonderful.
rockmeamadeus

« Reply #281 on: Dec 21, 2007, 11:34:38 AM »

or frenching Gates McFadden or something. 

That would DEFINITELY be an occasion for a three-hundred dollar bottle of scotch.
Lucy

« Reply #282 on: Dec 21, 2007, 12:11:08 PM »

i really kind of want a lot of booze right now.  why is b's show at a coffeeshop and not a bar tonight?
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #283 on: Dec 21, 2007, 12:12:32 PM »

Bring flask. Make jakartas.  Enjoy.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
RoyBiggins

« Reply #284 on: Dec 21, 2007, 12:12:42 PM »

1. There is a pint of Tanqueray in my back seat with your name on it.

2. I have a flask, and tonight, it will contain whiskey.

Done!

Edit: exactly.  What's in a Jakarta again?

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
Lucy

« Reply #285 on: Dec 21, 2007, 12:13:11 PM »

i might want froofy drinks though. dunno why.
Lucy

« Reply #286 on: Dec 21, 2007, 12:13:28 PM »

not that i'll turn down gin or whiskey. i won't.
Lucy

« Reply #287 on: Dec 21, 2007, 12:17:30 PM »

It's roughly six shots of espresso with whiskey.
milesofsparks

« Reply #288 on: Dec 21, 2007, 12:19:05 PM »

It's roughly six shots of espresso with whiskey.

though I've been known to use strong regular coffee when there's no espresso handy...
and jameson is the whiskey of choice.

RoyBiggins

« Reply #289 on: Dec 21, 2007, 12:19:46 PM »

Hey, I'll be in a coffee shop with good espresso.  So I will potentially be giving that a try, though 3 shots of espresso is gonna be my maxxx.

This year's Village Voice Jizz and Pap list had a whole lot of birds I'd never even heard of before.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #290 on: Dec 21, 2007, 06:02:14 PM »

Operations pretty much shut down around 3:30 and we've been drinking and playing Guitar Hero III since then.

Some days I really do love my job.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
El_Josharino

« Reply #291 on: Dec 21, 2007, 07:33:01 PM »

Operations pretty much shut down around 3:30 and we've been drinking and playing Guitar Hero III since then.

Some days I really do love my job.

We pretty much did the same! Only it was 1 instead of 3:30 and it was Wii Sports instead of guitar hero. And we ate a whole bunch of ribs and stuff from Famous Dave's. And after we ate all the food someone went to get more. And after we drank all the beer someone went to get more of that too.

When I went in this morning I was still a little woozy from last night. It's not often I both go to and leave from work a little tipsy.

milesofsparks

« Reply #292 on: Dec 21, 2007, 08:01:05 PM »

office party.  dr0nk!  unfortunately not in an ebullient holiday kind of way, for some reason.  maybe because I have to work tomorrow.  maybe I should get more dr0nker.

YojimboMonkey

« Reply #293 on: Dec 21, 2007, 08:19:43 PM »

hi mos.  I dont' think my coworkers are as festive as i.  fuckers.  good on you being very drunk.  i hop you are also fwstive.  fucker.s

milesofsparks

« Reply #294 on: Dec 21, 2007, 08:32:47 PM »

happy holidays, jimbo.  *clink*

diesel_powered

« Reply #295 on: Dec 21, 2007, 08:41:02 PM »

I am drinking. I plan on drinking heavily. Stay tuned.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #296 on: Dec 21, 2007, 09:53:23 PM »

I also drink whiskey.
you damn skippy she does

girl

« Reply #297 on: Dec 21, 2007, 10:00:49 PM »

Breaking into the Saranac Winter 12 pack I bought. I intended to bring two of them to Christmas, but I guess now I'll just be bringing one.

this is a story and you're not in it
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #298 on: Dec 21, 2007, 10:02:47 PM »

good night y'all

Greg Nog

« Reply #299 on: Dec 21, 2007, 10:32:20 PM »

Night, Yojimbo!

I bought almond milk on a whim today, after hearing it talked up by LastPlaners.  I did not like it on its own, but it goes marvellously well with whisky.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 20
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: Demented by the fermented (another rhyming thread name: this one's about booze!)
Jump to: