Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 23, 2014, 02:32:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658127 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 44 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
Print
Author Topic: they've shown this on both screens: your next movie thread  (Read 70582 times)
das kranke Tier

« Reply #375 on: Jan 24, 2008, 04:15:38 PM »

I thought that they were essentially finished with that?

Compendious as hell
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #376 on: Jan 24, 2008, 04:25:40 PM »

currently filming according to imdb. i don't know if they're gonna have to scrap the whole film, or start over with filming, or what, but it certainly doesn't seem to be done.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
Ah_Pook

« Reply #377 on: Jan 24, 2008, 04:28:24 PM »

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/articles/1580139/20080123/story.jhtml

"['Imaginarium'] is currently listed as force majeure," Greg Chambers, business manager for the Association of Canadian Film Craftspeople West, told the magazine. "Force majeure" is French for "major force," which is more extensive than an "act of God" clause. It comes into play when events normally outside anyone's control like war, death or natural disaster prevent a party from fulfilling its end of a contract. It releases all parties from liability.

As the cast's biggest name, Ledger's involvement was critical in funding the $30 million independent feature, Variety reports. After filming in London, shooting for the movie moved to the Bridge Studios in Vancouver, Canada, for intensive interior and green-screen work. A representative for the studios offered no comment when contacted by MTV News.

Calls to director Gilliam, producer Amy Gilliam (his daughter), producer William Vince, Infinity Features Entertainment and Davis-Films were also unreturned by press time.

Blame it on the girls who know what to do
Blame it on the boys who keep hitting on you
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #378 on: Jan 24, 2008, 04:32:14 PM »

ah good ol' force majeure

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
jebreject

« Reply #379 on: Jan 24, 2008, 04:37:28 PM »

I'm glad they specified that it means "major force" in French, 'cause man, I had no fucking clue what they were talking about .

edit: Lest anyone think I'm actually a dumbass, this is sarcasm.

Well, I am still a dumbass though.
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2008, 04:47:18 PM by jebreject » Logged

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #380 on: Jan 24, 2008, 04:43:04 PM »

A force majeure clause means that when they took investor's money to make the film, they put a clause in the contract that said if any major force beyond our control completely disables us from completing our film we don't have to pay you any damages. 

So Heath Ledger dying is something that they couldn't have reasonably foreseen, and without him on the project they can't complete it because they can't get more money.

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
dieblucasdie

« Reply #381 on: Jan 24, 2008, 04:45:43 PM »

The Variety article says "for now," I'm assuming Gilliam is trying either to recast Ledger's role, or rewrite around what he already has filmed.  He could definitely get more money for "HEATH LEDGER'S FINAL FILM," if he could make it work.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
Ah_Pook

« Reply #382 on: Jan 24, 2008, 04:47:13 PM »

A force majeure clause means that when they took investor's money to make the film, they put a clause in the contract that said if any major force beyond our control completely disables us from completing our film we don't have to pay you any damages. 

So Heath Ledger dying is something that they couldn't have reasonably foreseen, and without him on the project they can't complete it because they can't get more money.

who are you explaining this to?

Blame it on the girls who know what to do
Blame it on the boys who keep hitting on you
nonotyet

« Reply #383 on: Jan 24, 2008, 04:54:02 PM »

He could definitely get more money for "HEATH LEDGER'S FINAL FILM," if he could make it work.

barf barf barf barf barf
dieblucasdie

« Reply #384 on: Jan 24, 2008, 04:55:29 PM »

haha you think the Dark Knight isn't going to gross like twice as much now?

nonotyet

« Reply #385 on: Jan 24, 2008, 04:58:20 PM »

Right, but if they market it as The Film That Made Him Kill Himself, or His Last Film, or Whatever, I will store my vomit in jars and mail it to the culpable parties.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #386 on: Jan 24, 2008, 05:00:11 PM »

Right, but if they market it as The Film That Made Him Kill Himself, or His Last Film, or Whatever, I will store my vomit in jars and mail it to the culpable parties.

I didn't mean they'd market it to the public that way (they never would), just that they could attract investors because of it.

Depending how much they've shot/if the script can be reworked, etc.

Which now that I think on it; it was probably shooting on a locked script thanks to the strike

lastclearchance

« Reply #387 on: Jan 24, 2008, 06:07:17 PM »

well there was brothers grimm

Quote from: cold before sunrise
Look, who's giving the report, YOU chowderheads or ME?
dieblucasdie

« Reply #388 on: Jan 25, 2008, 12:19:05 AM »

So I watched 'The Mist" today, pretty much entirely because of milly's gushings.

well, and the presence of Pembleton from Homicide and Gwen from Angel, who am I kidding.

1)  CGI dragons do not scare me anymore, Hollywood.
2)  For fuck's sake, Stephen King, learn how to end things.

I was really hoping they'd drag out the "What is out there?'  "Is it just our imaginations?" stuff more, because that's the kind of thing I eat up, and the kind of thing that is actually scary, not the aforementioned CGI dragons and spiders.

edit:  this is more negative than I meant it to be; there's still some goodness, mostly the psychological suspense kind, and it's actually really awesome.  I just wish it had been the focus of the movie, instead of CGI monsters and retread "The Lottery" bullshit.
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2008, 12:21:26 AM by dieblucasdie » Logged

heather marie

« Reply #389 on: Jan 25, 2008, 12:25:26 AM »

Is that the one with Marcia Gay Harden as the crazy Christian lady? Or am I imagining things?

dieblucasdie

« Reply #390 on: Jan 25, 2008, 12:28:12 AM »

yes same one.  that part was haaaaamfisted, and what I was referring to with the "Lottery" business.

heather marie

« Reply #391 on: Jan 25, 2008, 12:32:02 AM »

I only saw a preview for it once and heard nothing else about it and for some reason the only thing that sticks in my mind (besides being locked in a grocery store?) is Marcia Gay Harden doin' some evangelical bullshit.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #392 on: Jan 25, 2008, 01:15:18 AM »

yep that's it

except evangelicals aren't into human sacrifice

that I know of

elpollodiablo

« Reply #393 on: Jan 25, 2008, 01:40:59 AM »

Pembleton has a name and it's Andre Braugher

think 'on the road.'
guanajuato

« Reply #394 on: Jan 25, 2008, 02:08:36 AM »

So I watched 'The Mist" today, pretty much entirely because of milly's gushings.

well, and the presence of Pembleton from Homicide and Gwen from Angel, who am I kidding.

1)  CGI dragons do not scare me anymore, Hollywood.
2)  For fuck's sake, Stephen King, learn how to end things.

I was really hoping they'd drag out the "What is out there?'  "Is it just our imaginations?" stuff more, because that's the kind of thing I eat up, and the kind of thing that is actually scary, not the aforementioned CGI dragons and spiders.

edit:  this is more negative than I meant it to be; there's still some goodness, mostly the psychological suspense kind, and it's actually really awesome.  I just wish it had been the focus of the movie, instead of CGI monsters and retread "The Lottery" bullshit.

the mist is a great movie! the best horror movie of 2007 for sure. it's gripping!

*that's not king's ending. that's frank d's. king's ending has the dad and the boy by themselves leave the grocery and strip mall and find themselves in a whole new world, and they are just driving along in all this new alien landscape. it's sort of hopeful in a weird way.

we're celebrating your sprint anniversary!
dieblucasdie

« Reply #395 on: Jan 25, 2008, 02:12:27 AM »

I know, I just wasn't sure of spelling and fuck if I'm looking up IMDB over "The Mist"

Milly, that ending sounds way, way better.

As things are, I am very much not down with the Alanis Morrisette verision of irony in the ending. 

But yeah, I feel like I'm hating too much.  Parts of it were very gripping, especially the first half.  I'm just not scared of CGI monsters anymore.

girl

« Reply #396 on: Jan 25, 2008, 02:16:36 AM »

I'm just not scared of CGI monsters anymore.

. . . if anyone's looking for a new signature. . .

this is a story and you're not in it
Thermofusion

« Reply #397 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:35:51 AM »

So there's a new Rambo movie.  The last installment had Mujahedeen warriors on horseback defeating a squad of Soviet helicopters in the Afghan desert -- how the fuck do you top that?

Sign me up for the CGI backlash bandwagon, too.  I want my hyper-intricate models and matte paintings back, dammit.  They usually look better anyway.

triple paisley minimum
guanajuato

« Reply #398 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:52:10 AM »

I know, I just wasn't sure of spelling and fuck if I'm looking up IMDB over "The Mist"

Milly, that ending sounds way, way better.

As things are, I am very much not down with the Alanis Morrisette verision of irony in the ending. 

But yeah, I feel like I'm hating too much.  Parts of it were very gripping, especially the first half.  I'm just not scared of CGI monsters anymore.

you know, i expected the other ending, so it left me literally shocked. they didn't really telegraph it. i thought it was a pretty gutsy movie, actually, and makes up for the semi-happy ending they jammed on that i am legend remake. frank darabont should only make king movies since he does such a knock out job.

guanajuato

« Reply #399 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:55:27 AM »

So there's a new Rambo movie.  The last installment had Mujahedeen warriors on horseback defeating a squad of Soviet helicopters in the Afghan desert -- how the fuck do you top that?

Sign me up for the CGI backlash bandwagon, too.  I want my hyper-intricate models and matte paintings back, dammit.  They usually look better anyway.

the new rambo trailer has that song, 'down with the sickness'. i'm NOT okay with that. and here i thought after last year's semi-critically-well received rocky movie, stallone was rethinking his hollywood muscle guy strategy as unworkable. shows i was a dumbass.

i'm gonna have to disagree about the cgi. have you seen some older sci fi movies of late? i'm thinkin cgi will age a lot better than most of that stuff.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: they've shown this on both screens: your next movie thread
Jump to: