Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 23, 2014, 08:18:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658205 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 47 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: I don't get mad, I get stabby: the new annoyance thread.  (Read 78789 times)
dieblucasdie

« Reply #225 on: Feb 04, 2008, 05:38:12 PM »

You should just write posts about labor unions and the economy.  And hitting on GI.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
chasing heather crazy

« Reply #226 on: Feb 04, 2008, 05:40:24 PM »

okay, whatever, I made a new name. why would it give a particular user a database error?

I'll save the labor and GI lovin' to Richard though.
auto-da-fey

« Reply #227 on: Feb 04, 2008, 06:00:22 PM »

Now I have this urge to throw on Isolation Drills, but I guess that isn't so annoying.
Good Intentions

« Reply #228 on: Feb 04, 2008, 06:36:58 PM »

okay, whatever, I made a new name. why would it give a particular user a database error?

That particular record in the database might be corrupted.

Like the sector in your heart that is meant for me. Sad
chasing heather crazy

« Reply #229 on: Feb 04, 2008, 06:49:04 PM »

That particular record in the database might be corrupted.

Like the sector in your heart that is meant for me. Sad

Don't worry, GI, I got nothin' but love for you. But I understand how Richard feels about you, and I'd never want to come between you two.
Good Intentions

« Reply #230 on: Feb 04, 2008, 07:16:20 PM »

Have you sent a PM or email to the noble webmonster? She might very well be able to solve your problem.

Sweety pie.
das kranke Tier

« Reply #231 on: Feb 05, 2008, 11:18:55 AM »

My granny cart, let me show you it:

(still can't log in under my name? wtf?)

What's your lady do, D?

That's a damn fine granny cart, dawg.

She works at Starbucks.  The Starbucks over near the Fashion Square Mall is 24 hours now, and she works most of the overnights.  As I say, though, that's coming to an end soon, thankfully.

Compendious as hell
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #232 on: Feb 05, 2008, 12:01:06 PM »

people patronize starbucks between the hours of 10 pm and 6 am? enough to justify being open that late? that's crazy.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
das kranke Tier

« Reply #233 on: Feb 05, 2008, 12:12:50 PM »

Yeah, dude.  Totally.

Cops, EMTs, newspaper delivery agents, etc.   There's a ton of people workin' while you sleep, dogg!

Compendious as hell
girl

« Reply #234 on: Feb 05, 2008, 12:20:49 PM »

I for one would love to have a 24 hour Starbucks nearby. I mean, it's a good thing that I don't, but sometimes you just need a coffee and an oatmeal raisin cookie at 3 am. I'd like to have that option available.

this is a story and you're not in it
das kranke Tier

« Reply #235 on: Feb 05, 2008, 12:22:46 PM »

It's especially nice when that option can be exercised at no charge!

Laughing

Compendious as hell
silentsigh89

« Reply #236 on: Feb 05, 2008, 01:49:22 PM »

tuesday is my least favorite day of the week. I have two of my longer classes and russian with breaks in between each of them that aren't quite long enough to finish anything. It drives me a bit crazy.
jebreject

« Reply #237 on: Feb 05, 2008, 01:56:49 PM »

Caffeine is not my friend. You'd think I'd remember this. But I do not, and even taking an Excedrin, because I have a skull-splitting, vomit-inducing migraine at work, seems to be too much caffeine for me. And I stay up until six am when I'm usually asleep by two, and the next day I want to fucking gouge people's eyes out. Yay caffeine.

(Dudes, srsly, caffeine affects me like 10x how it affects everyone else I know. It's fucked.)

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
slow west vultures

« Reply #238 on: Feb 05, 2008, 07:36:43 PM »

do you think that could be a drug interaction as well jeb?  i think i decided this morning that i need caffeine if i am not to break things and generally become hopelessly depressed.  i tried going out with a morning cup of coffee to see if that keeps my 'adrenals' in balance, and i found it probably did for awhile, but also getting caffeine and my thyroid hormone in my system at the same time is about the only time in my day where my brain functions close to that of a normal human being. 

annoying me right now - i went back to see the immunologist i saw last year because i'm finally figuring out how bad an allergy i have to mold, and how hard it can make it to breathe.  last year the only thing that came back high on my allergy test was the kind of mold most commonly associated with asthma.  but we have to be 'objective' about this.  maybe i'm just 'thinking' i'm allergic to mold and that's whats causing my symptoms.  i obviously can know nothing about this, and have any valuable input to suggest.  they have to add little dropperful's of solution to my arm, and if the little red dot is 4cm wide then my whole problem is solved, and science is validated again. but since i had taken an antihistamine this morning, the control solution didn't really come out that clear.  they went ahead and did the test on my arm anyway, but it wasn't clear either.  so i have to wait a week, not take any antihistamines, struggle for breath and movement, and do it all over again.  just give me a fucking bronchodilator, this fucking sucks. 

Ocean in view! O! The joy!
jebreject

« Reply #239 on: Feb 05, 2008, 10:59:09 PM »

I've basically always been like this wrt caffeine.

diesel_powered

« Reply #240 on: Feb 06, 2008, 01:27:34 AM »

Different strokes for different brain chemistries, I guess.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
jebreject

« Reply #241 on: Feb 06, 2008, 01:48:33 AM »

It tends to really, really exacerbate my anxiety and also makes me pretty hypomanic. It feels like I have all this electricity inside me and it's not a pleasant feeling for me at all.

milesofsparks

« Reply #242 on: Feb 06, 2008, 02:09:45 AM »

I used to be like that, too jeb.

...then I went to grad school.

With some of my research and knowledge I am a little sure about it.
diesel_powered

« Reply #243 on: Feb 06, 2008, 02:53:39 AM »

Oh dear god don't let me be getting sick.

What do you mean I should be in bed right now if I'm worried about that? WTF is the use of divine intervention if it can't bail you out?

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
nonotyet

« Reply #244 on: Feb 06, 2008, 10:51:26 AM »

10-16 inches of snow is supposed to fall before 6 pm tonight. We already have like eight inches on the ground. From what I have gleaned from the local news with the tornadoes and everything, the weather has just basically gone crazy everydamnwhere. So I should be thankful that this is just snow, but whatever:

Quote from: dieblucasdie
FUCK SNOW
elpollodiablo

« Reply #245 on: Feb 06, 2008, 10:52:39 AM »

Man y'all need to send some of that shit this way. I would fucking love a foot and a half of snow right now. That would be tits.

think 'on the road.'
nonotyet

« Reply #246 on: Feb 06, 2008, 10:57:49 AM »

You say that now but come talk to me when:

1. a pattern of snow/melt/snow/melt/gross has asserted itself for THREE MONTHS now
2. every single pair of pants you own has salt stains up to the knees and laundry has become a daily thing
3. your city starts running out of salt so they do not salt any of the side streets and apparently there is not enough in the city budget to get more salt* 

*wtf

I live in Wisconsin, right? So I should be used to this and embrace it, right? I DON'T
slow west vultures

« Reply #247 on: Feb 06, 2008, 10:59:20 AM »

It tends to really, really exacerbate my anxiety and also makes me pretty hypomanic. It feels like I have all this electricity inside me and it's not a pleasant feeling for me at all.

i'm just curious, because i'm thinking of re-starting lamictal, and i wonder if those two interfere with each other.  lamictal is a Na+ channel/glutamate reducer, and caffeine kinda jumpstarts glutamate signaling in your brain (glutamate is the main excitatory neurotransmitter in your brain) so maybe the  net effect is that all that excitatory  neurotransmission gets channeled toward something else, like just dopamine signaling and that makes you more nervous.  just speculating though.  i don't even know if you're still on lamictal, and i'm more of an armchair philosopher when it comes to neuropharmacology anyway.  

Ocean in view! O! The joy!
jess

« Reply #248 on: Feb 06, 2008, 11:08:01 AM »

I'm like Jeb with caffeine though, and I'm not on lamictal. I do have tendencies toward hypomania though (I'm pretty classically cyclothymic). The side of my family that I take after, we're all like that, and we have hyperactive sympathetic nervous systems in general, and we all take beta blockers to deal with it. And for all of us, the caffeine sensitivity/sympathetic overactivity seems get more pronounced as we get older.

These days, I only drink decaf coffee, though I can usually tolerate green teas and diet coke fine as long as it's not in copious amounts.
jess

« Reply #249 on: Feb 06, 2008, 11:10:44 AM »

Also, hm, I have the same granny cart, and it rocks.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: I don't get mad, I get stabby: the new annoyance thread.
Jump to: