Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Oct 24, 2014, 05:30:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658132 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 61 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21
Print
Author Topic: I don't get mad, I get stabby: the new annoyance thread.  (Read 77172 times)
jebreject

« Reply #275 on: Feb 08, 2008, 01:28:57 AM »

Have I mentioned how fucking irritating it is that thanks to meth hysteria, it's impossible to find over the counter decongestants these days? Seriously, does anyone making these policy decisions realize how difficult it would be to extract the pseudoephedrine from all the other ingredients in NyQuil?

Um, I would guess that for people with meth labs, it's NOT actually that hard?

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
jebreject

« Reply #276 on: Feb 08, 2008, 01:39:41 AM »

Beth, get better!

diesel_powered

« Reply #277 on: Feb 08, 2008, 03:16:52 AM »

Have I mentioned how fucking irritating it is that thanks to meth hysteria, it's impossible to find over the counter decongestants these days? Seriously, does anyone making these policy decisions realize how difficult it would be to extract the pseudoephedrine from all the other ingredients in NyQuil?

Um, I would guess that for people with meth labs, it's NOT actually that hard?

Although I'm generally ignorant of the ways of the meth, I understand most meth gets made out of your average pseudoephedrine tablets which contain pseudoephedrine and filler. NyQuil contains a tiny bit of pseudoephedrine along with a mound of other crap (alcohol, sugar, flavoring, various other drugs) basically making it the most expensive and complex way to get your pseudoephedrine. It's not like you can just run it through a coffee filter. But then again, if you really really really want it...

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
jebreject

« Reply #278 on: Feb 08, 2008, 03:20:48 AM »

I mean, as far as I know, there are some meth makers that are for real chemists. Granted, I'm sure there are easier ways to go about it, but obvs people do it all the time

alex

« Reply #279 on: Feb 08, 2008, 04:46:40 AM »

Oh man. I just got a call from the dude who opened my bank account a couple of weeks ago to tell me that there'd been some system errors on that particular day and that, consequently, the bank account never got opened at all. The account number I'd thus passed on to the university doesn't actually exist, either. Which doesn't make that much of a difference, I guess, since I haven't gotten paid yet. But I've been promised that I would get paid next week, so I really really hope that they'll at least hurry up in sending me my bank account card so that I can access my salary as soon as it's on my account. Which I hope is going to be the case soon, because there's really not a whole lot of money left on my old (Austrian) bank account, and while I imagine my brother would be okay with lending me some more money to see me through until I can access my money, I'd just rather not make even more debt.

Also, migraines. Migraines are fucking annoying.
diesel_powered

« Reply #280 on: Feb 08, 2008, 02:43:33 PM »

Edit: Okay, it was me who was making things hard, not Linux.  Heart, etc.
« Last Edit: Feb 08, 2008, 02:59:58 PM by diesel_powered » Logged

dieblucasdie

« Reply #281 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:05:14 PM »

goddamn mouse I can't wait to kill you.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
diesel_powered

« Reply #282 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:19:02 PM »

Somewhere, a vegan sheds a tear.

dieblucasdie

« Reply #283 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:35:31 PM »

I'm a vegetarian, but I have to problem killing animals that fuck with me.

Little bastard ate the bait off a trap *less than five minutes* after I set it.  There was a little paw print in peanut butter next to it.  He will pay.

diesel_powered

« Reply #284 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:45:07 PM »

Thermofusion

« Reply #285 on: Feb 08, 2008, 11:47:28 PM »

I know I'll be called out for saying so, but Mouse Hunt is a really damn funny movie.

triple paisley minimum
DCDave

« Reply #286 on: Feb 09, 2008, 02:15:24 AM »

I sort of got dumped? I told the girl I was seeing that I thought we were never going to get married and she told me to pull my shit together and go.

Wow.

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #287 on: Feb 09, 2008, 02:29:55 AM »

Dave that really sucks man

and though I wasn't there and I don't know preciselt how it came out I can't help but think that maybe learning to be more diplomatic in your honesty would help in these situations? 

i was gonna type more but beers and holding a sleeping baby and other stuff is  makin typing difficult

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #288 on: Feb 09, 2008, 02:45:07 AM »

Somewhere, a vegan sheds a tear.

haha I totally managed to get rid of him without killing him.  Armed with my broom I managed to chase him into a box, then set him free a few blocks away.  I honestly can't believe that worked.

santaclaustral

« Reply #289 on: Feb 09, 2008, 03:43:52 AM »

I sort of got dumped? I told the girl I was seeing that I thought we were never going to get married and she told me to pull my shit together and go.

Wow.

I think that's kinda awesome. If she was looking for something longterm and you weren't... way too many people would have heard "we're never gonna get married", felt bad, then thought "oh, if I just stick it out a bit longer, I can change his mind."

I am in favour of the "OK - you need to go then" approach though I've never been smart/sane enough to use it myself - but honesty for honesty, y'know?
diesel_powered

« Reply #290 on: Feb 09, 2008, 11:22:45 AM »

I so don't want to go to school and wipe technological ass right now. Sure, I've been promised lunch. But what I'd really like to do is just go back to fucking bed where my diseased ass belongs. Tomorrow's going to be even worse, work-wise. Fuck fuck fuck. Stupid money.

heather marie

« Reply #291 on: Feb 09, 2008, 12:17:08 PM »

I'm a vegetarian, but I have to problem killing animals that fuck with me.

Little bastard ate the bait off a trap *less than five minutes* after I set it.  There was a little paw print in peanut butter next to it.  He will pay.

KILL THAT FUCKER.

They once ate ALL the peanut butter off 4 traps in the kitchen without getting killed.

Thermofusion

« Reply #292 on: Feb 09, 2008, 12:44:34 PM »

If you wanna do it humanely, Mouse Cubes work pretty well if you place & bait them properly.

Just make sure when you release them that you drive them out into the country or somewhere far away -- mice have homing instincts like motherfuckers and will Garmin themselves back up in your grill

triple paisley minimum
heather marie

« Reply #293 on: Feb 09, 2008, 01:31:32 PM »

The humane traps totally didn't work for us. But I've heard about some people having good luck.

I've come to terms with the fact that we'll probably never get rid of them (unless we get a cat) and our apartment people don't give a shit, so ugh gross whatever. I sprayed vinegar on the counters and that's seem to have kept them off.
DCDave

« Reply #294 on: Feb 09, 2008, 01:40:12 PM »

Wow.

I think that's kinda awesome. If she was looking for something longterm and you weren't... way too many people would have heard "we're never gonna get married", felt bad, then thought "oh, if I just stick it out a bit longer, I can change his mind."

I am in favour of the "OK - you need to go then" approach though I've never been smart/sane enough to use it myself - but honesty for honesty, y'know?

Yeah, it was a little more elaborate of a conversation than that, but I definitely admire her conviction.

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
andronicus

« Reply #295 on: Feb 09, 2008, 10:12:02 PM »

I can't focus enough to write this Midterm paper due Tuesday, so I tried playing Metroid and I keep getting sort of vaguely disoriented and claustrophobic.  This is annoying.
diesel_powered

« Reply #296 on: Feb 09, 2008, 10:15:54 PM »

Probably should have skipped the pre-paper beer pong, eh?

andronicus

« Reply #297 on: Feb 09, 2008, 10:21:46 PM »

Nah man I'm just sipping Maker's from my flask and drinking a tall glass of ice water.  I'm just hell of tired.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #298 on: Feb 09, 2008, 10:33:08 PM »

I played Metroid for about 15 minutes before giving up. That shit is confusing as all hell!

think 'on the road.'
jebreject

« Reply #299 on: Feb 10, 2008, 11:18:59 PM »

I'm apparently more neurotic than usual today

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 ... 21
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: I don't get mad, I get stabby: the new annoyance thread.
Jump to: