Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Aug 20, 2014, 10:30:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
657898 Posts in 9260 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 79 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21
Print
Author Topic: I don't get mad, I get stabby: the new annoyance thread.  (Read 73650 times)
jebreject

« Reply #350 on: Feb 18, 2008, 02:02:59 AM »

Yeah, my experience working in customer service and retail is that no one actually believes that the customer is always right. In fact, they hardly ever are, but there are certain tools at our disposal to make them STFU and hopefully spend money with us again.

Or whatever.

I'm not racist, I've got lots of black Facebook friends.
Augo

« Reply #351 on: Feb 18, 2008, 03:43:16 AM »

I've been in retail for almost 5 years now and I definitely utilize the tools to make the dipshits STFU but I don't bother using the ones that make them consider coming back.

If someone's a dick, I don't want to have to deal with them once, let alone more than once, so if I can drive them out of my store forever, go me.

Gonococcus Bear pays a visit!
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #352 on: Feb 18, 2008, 11:08:47 AM »

And from the other end of the customer service relationship:  After 2 days and several e-mails, I have finally gotten the support staff for a major software vendor to admit that April 16th, the expiration date of our support contract, is actually 2 months in the future and thus we are eligible for support.

I was actually told "Your support has expired on April 15th, 2008.  You will need to renew your contract."

Seriously, it has been my experience that much of the customer service world follows a philosophy of "The customer is NEVER right."

And yeah, I was probably a dick to this guy, but not until AFTER that assertion.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
dieblucasdie

« Reply #353 on: Feb 18, 2008, 11:13:21 AM »

Well, computer-industry customer service is a whole separate universe specifically designed to fuck over the customer as much as possible.  Completely different from retail customer service.

he was basically your only chance at making the world love you.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #354 on: Feb 18, 2008, 11:45:19 AM »

I was actually told "Your support has expired on April 15th, 2008.  You will need to renew your contract."

a live human being said that to you? how did he react to your assertion that it was not yet april 15?

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #355 on: Feb 18, 2008, 11:59:53 AM »

It was typed into a ticket-tracking system which generated an e-mail to me, by an entity named MICHAEL who I can only assume is human, having never seen him.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
jebreject

« Reply #356 on: Feb 18, 2008, 12:40:38 PM »

I hate our downstairs neighbors. They just got some stupid yappy dog that howls at night and won't STFU no matter what. It goes nuts every time we come in, and this is just one more item on an ever-growing list of why I want to devise a plot to get them evicted.

Also they not only never shovel the walk, but they took the good shovel--which belongs to everyone--to shovel the stairs up to their porch, and keep it inside their flat. I would generally like to beat them about the head with that shovel.

Also, fuck this snow.

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #357 on: Feb 18, 2008, 01:09:52 PM »

you should call your landlord and complain about both things. the shovel thing might not result in any action, but the dog thing could conceivably get them evicted, if they didn't clear their having a dog with the landlord in advance.

diesel_powered

« Reply #358 on: Feb 18, 2008, 01:45:17 PM »

Fuck that. Just go up there and bus' a cap.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
SPACERACE

« Reply #359 on: Feb 18, 2008, 01:49:43 PM »

jeb, did you just call an apartment a flat?

Supplier of highest-quality synthetic duck butter
diesel_powered

« Reply #360 on: Feb 18, 2008, 03:46:45 PM »

I simultaneously loathe and despise web design.

Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #361 on: Feb 18, 2008, 04:19:40 PM »

interesting that you feel those as two discrete emotions.

diesel_powered

« Reply #362 on: Feb 18, 2008, 05:48:19 PM »

It's the subtle nuances.

guanajuato

« Reply #363 on: Feb 18, 2008, 07:11:37 PM »

i carry state farm insurance on my car and they went to upgraded internet security in january. all of a sudden i had to answer security questions i didn't know the answer to.  i called and got into a brawl with the '24 hour good neighbor team' because i wanted to 'opt' out of the new security because i would be happy if someone were to login and pay my insurance bill. finally i got them to change my security question answers to 1,2,3. today, a month later, i logged in this morning to pay, and 1,2,3 did not work. man i hate the good neighbor team.

we're celebrating your sprint anniversary!
slow west vultures

« Reply #364 on: Feb 18, 2008, 07:22:36 PM »

ha yeah.  my student loan company did the same thing, so now i have to remember who i put down as my favorite teacher and my first pet's name every time i go to pay my bill. 

Ocean in view! O! The joy!
dieblucasdie

« Reply #365 on: Feb 18, 2008, 07:24:30 PM »

for some reason my bank shows me a picture of a dinosaur and I have to remember to type "dinosaur."  Come get my thirty dollars, identity thieves!

El_Josharino

« Reply #366 on: Feb 18, 2008, 07:27:52 PM »

for some reason my bank shows me a picture of a dinosaur and I have to remember to type "dinosaur."  Come get my thirty dollars, identity thieves!

My credit card company does something similair, except I don't actually have to type anything. I type my username and password and then it shows me a picture of a guitar and says, "IS THIS THE PICTURE YOU CHOSE?" and then I click on the "Continue" button and that's that. There's no "yes" and "no." Just "continue." I guess if someone else gets my password they will see that and get confused by the one option they have to choose from.

Hey sexy mama, wanna kill all humans?
jess

« Reply #367 on: Feb 18, 2008, 07:31:11 PM »

No that's so that you know it's not a fake website trying to get you to enter your info and then steal it. It's actually a kind of legit concern--I once clicked into one pretending to be my bank and started to enter stuff and then realized they didn't do all of that and was all oh wait, I'm being an idiot, nevermind. We'll blame that one on sleep dep, and on gmail suddenly thinking all emails with my bank name weren't spam once I started using online banking (I've since retrained it).
jess

« Reply #368 on: Feb 18, 2008, 07:33:00 PM »

Also, I am annoyed by stupid colds that make me feel like I have a fever. I could deal with having a fever, since then I could choose to take something or not, but just feeling like it on and off several times an hour sucks even more. Maybe my thermometer is lying to me...
slow west vultures

« Reply #369 on: Feb 18, 2008, 07:33:46 PM »

you've really got to upgrade from the Flinstones Credit Union.  

Ocean in view! O! The joy!
jebreject

« Reply #370 on: Feb 18, 2008, 08:58:45 PM »

jeb, did you just call an apartment a flat?

Well, there is an upper and a lower. I've always thought of these as flats rather than apartments (whereas if the house is divided vertically, then they are duplexes or townhouses). There is also a Polish flat in the basement. I think of apartments as being one unit of many, whereas a flat is a bit more house-like. Whether that makes any real sense or you wanna make fun of me for it, I don't really care.
« Last Edit: Feb 18, 2008, 09:00:58 PM by jebreject » Logged

jebreject

« Reply #371 on: Feb 18, 2008, 09:00:28 PM »

PS I asked them about the shovel today and they supposedly haven't seen it. The last place I saw it was on their front porch, so I figure it's quite possible that they left it out there and someone walked off with it. Also, I called the landlord today, asking him to get us a new shovel, and he has informed us that "there is a shortage of shovels and nowhere has any," which I cannot believe is possibly true, though I am too lazy to do any further investigating.

G.C.R

« Reply #372 on: Feb 18, 2008, 10:47:45 PM »

WHY, when I'm applying for a student loan, do they assume that because I'm under 25, that my parents will be supporting me financially? And WHY do they have to post me the 'independent circumstances' form seperately, rather than let me fill it out online, like I can with the rest of my student loan? Gnnn.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
dieblucasdie

« Reply #373 on: Feb 18, 2008, 11:35:15 PM »

Well, because you could be a 24 year-old making $10,000 a year but have multimillionaire parents.  Sucks though, I feel you, since it's the honest people that get punished with more red tape.

Little Sixes Little Nines

« Reply #374 on: Feb 19, 2008, 12:47:43 AM »

WHY, when I'm applying for a student loan, do they assume that because I'm under 25, that my parents will be supporting me financially? And WHY do they have to post me the 'independent circumstances' form seperately, rather than let me fill it out online, like I can with the rest of my student loan? Gnnn.

I'm in pretty much the same boat. I managed to get away with saying I had a breakdown in relationship with my parents. Also, apparently you don't need proof of heritage to get the Maori allowance. Sweet.

i just sighed (my shitty tumblr)
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: I don't get mad, I get stabby: the new annoyance thread.
Jump to: