Home
Help
Search
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Nov 27, 2014, 10:54:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search: Advanced search
658238 Posts in 9262 Topics by 3396 Members Latest Member: - vlozan86 Most online today: 58 - most online ever: 494 (Jul 01, 2007, 02:59:53 PM)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20
Print
Author Topic: Non-sequiturs and Pre-sequiturs: yet another random thread  (Read 129965 times)
G.C.R

« Reply #25 on: Jan 07, 2008, 08:57:44 PM »

Hoshi is bored and keeps shouting at me mrrrow? mrrrowww? mrow?

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
jess

« Reply #26 on: Jan 07, 2008, 10:51:37 PM »

Mrrow back at him. Calliope and I have whole conversations like that. I'm never sure what we're saying, but she still seems to love me, so presumably it's all good.
diesel_powered

« Reply #27 on: Jan 08, 2008, 12:08:05 AM »

For whatever reason, cats seem to respond well to being meowed at.

Also, my dad gave me a full spectrum lamp for Christmas which I just assembled. Although I don't think it works for any health benefits, it does have really nice color rendering. It also reminds me that I need to recalibrate my monitor.

she had me at "let's make a sandwich"
G.C.R

« Reply #28 on: Jan 08, 2008, 02:09:46 AM »

Oh, she and I have lots of deep conversations.

I think it's fair to assume we'll be inebriated and covered in bodily effluvia all weekend
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #29 on: Jan 08, 2008, 02:27:16 AM »

hamilton (cat at my work) has conversations with customers all the time. he doesn't usually talk to me very much, except when his bowl is empty, but he has all sorts of things to say to people who come in.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #30 on: Jan 08, 2008, 08:08:29 AM »

"Oh look, isn't that cute?  The retarded monkey is trying to talk.  BRING ME MORE TUNA, MONKEY"

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
diesel_powered

« Reply #31 on: Jan 09, 2008, 01:52:34 AM »

"Oh look, isn't that cute?  The retarded monkey is trying to talk.  BRING ME MORE TUNA, MONKEY"

Ironically, this is the reaction I normally get when I open my mouth, regardless of the species I'm addressing.

ellaguru

« Reply #32 on: Jan 09, 2008, 09:04:03 AM »

Ironically, this is the reaction I normally get when I open my mouth, regardless of the species I'm addressing.

Oh, look, everybody! diesel is trying to talk! Isn't that cute?

I also engaged in a rigorous study of philosophy and religion...but cheerfulness kept creeping in.
FreddyKnuckles

« Reply #33 on: Jan 09, 2008, 10:12:42 AM »

cats are good for looking at while kittens

Quote from: Heathcote
I'm in with Greg Nog, IT'S FUCKING FAFFLE TIME!
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #34 on: Jan 12, 2008, 12:40:16 PM »

I am sitting in the living room with Ian on my lap.  There is a kids show on the TV.  Ian is watching the kids show and thus so am I.  There was just a segment on the show called "Biz's Beat of the Day" consisting of Biz Markie beatboxing for the kids and inviting them to beatbox along with him.  Best thing I've seen so far today.  The day is young though.  Now I'm going to practice today's beat.

Anus-licking causes sepsis; if not given antibiotics within a half hour, they perish.
Andrew_TSKS

« Reply #35 on: Jan 12, 2008, 01:06:11 PM »

i'm so glad to hear that that exists.

I just want to be myself and I want you to love me for who I am.
elpollodiablo

« Reply #36 on: Jan 12, 2008, 01:18:48 PM »

That is wunnerful

For like a week after Xmas I was walking around yowling 'YOU

YOU GOT WHAT I NEED'

Cuz I caught like fifteen seconds of that song on the radio

think 'on the road.'
elpollodiablo

« Reply #37 on: Jan 12, 2008, 01:23:18 PM »

TSK

DON'T GIMMIE THAT

DON'T EVEN GIMMIE THAT, YA BUSTED

think 'on the road.'
diesel_powered

« Reply #38 on: Jan 12, 2008, 02:19:20 PM »

HEY.

I'm hungry.

lastclearchance

« Reply #39 on: Jan 13, 2008, 12:24:47 AM »

I am sitting in the living room with Ian on my lap.  There is a kids show on the TV.  Ian is watching the kids show and thus so am I.  There was just a segment on the show called "Biz's Beat of the Day" consisting of Biz Markie beatboxing for the kids and inviting them to beatbox along with him.  Best thing I've seen so far today.  The day is young though.  Now I'm going to practice today's beat.

this show is called yo gabba gabba and i haven't really seen it but i like to think it's like pancake mountain with less ian mackaye

Quote from: cold before sunrise
Look, who's giving the report, YOU chowderheads or ME?
YojimboMonkey

« Reply #40 on: Jan 13, 2008, 12:30:37 AM »

There are people wearing weird rubber outfits and acting out skits and singing songs with lessons for the kids (stuff like don't throw things at your friends, ok, standard stuff, but also like if you get hurt, just shake it off, which sounds like something a big meathead dad--well, like me--would say to his kid, but anyway).  There are young children who say "I like to dance!" and then boogie down for a couple of seconds.  There is a dude named DJ Lance Rock wearing an orange jumpsuit with a big fake orange afro (or maybe it's just a weird fuzzy hat) and a smile that frankly is a little offputting, he looks like the joker or some shit he just WON'T STOP SMILING.  There was a band wearing silver sparkly jumpsuits and singing a song about jumping on trampolines.  At the end there was a hyper dance remix of the entire episode.  It was very... contemporary I guess.  I did dig seeing the Biz though.

morgan

« Reply #41 on: Jan 13, 2008, 01:43:00 AM »

YO GABBA GABBA!  I've known about and wanted to watch that show for a good six or seven months now, at least.  It seems AWESOME.  There are some old clips on youtube that were put out as previews, and seriously.  Fucking seriously.  Looks like the coolest kids' show EVER.
diesel_powered

« Reply #42 on: Jan 13, 2008, 12:53:27 PM »

What network is it on? As far as I'm concerned, what you can learn from the Biz is better than any school can teach.

DCDave

« Reply #43 on: Jan 13, 2008, 12:56:07 PM »

Nickelodeon.

Yo Gabba Gabba is self-aware enough that when the dancing kids clip made it to The Soup, one of the monsters and one of the kids came onto The Soup to have a dance party with Joel McHale

But what the fuck do I know, I have a penis.
diesel_powered

« Reply #44 on: Jan 13, 2008, 12:58:46 PM »

Niiiiiiice.

In other news, since switching to drinking my coffee black, I've realized that I can drink quite a lot more coffee than previously expected. Usually I have about six "cups" (which comes out to like two large mugs) in the morning, but recently I've been averaging about five mugs. My kidneys love me.

girl

« Reply #45 on: Jan 13, 2008, 01:29:56 PM »

Oh right, coffee. Good idea.

We're supposed to have snow tomorrow, which works out ok because I have the day off anyhow, but I pretty urgently need to go food shopping because I haven't been all week. I just talked to my mom, who says that there's no parking at the grocery stores because the entire town is stocking up like they'll never be able to buy food again. I'm not looking forward to facing that.

this is a story and you're not in it
elpollodiablo

« Reply #46 on: Jan 14, 2008, 11:25:13 AM »

Hey does google earth now have a night sky function? I've got this quiz-grade thing due in a couple of hours that required me to map some stars over the weekend and I completely forgot about it until just this moment.

think 'on the road.'
diesel_powered

« Reply #47 on: Jan 14, 2008, 03:52:32 PM »

Wellp, I reorganized my shit at the studio and got all my papers put together and didn't find the papers I was looking for. Not sure what to do. I'm at work, so I can't run out and shoot (although I'll need to do that tomorrow morning like I planned to this morning) and I don't want to work on audio until I have video. And the paper I was looking for was on my thesis, so I can't really deal with that until I find this paper which may be at my apartment but probably isn't. So... uh... reading? Maybe I'll eat something. I do need a catheter because of all the coffee, though.

diesel_powered

« Reply #48 on: Jan 14, 2008, 04:31:13 PM »

So all fruit or not, Trader Joe's fruit bars have essentially no nutritional value with the exception of a fair amount of sugar.

elpollodiablo

« Reply #49 on: Jan 14, 2008, 04:32:08 PM »

First you get the fruit bars, then you get the power

think 'on the road.'
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20
Print
LPTJ | Archives | The Hangar | Topic: Non-sequiturs and Pre-sequiturs: yet another random thread
Jump to: